Common searches

Hardware Crap I want to get rid of

Topic actions

First post, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I no longer see any point to hauling around all these ancient PC parts. Needless to say I cannot be sure if any of it is still particularly functional. Is anyone interested in any of it?

Conexant Riptide RACC010 D7400-12 56K modem/audio combo PCI
ATI Rage 128 Pro AGP (PN 109-73100-01)
ATI Rage Pro Turbo AGP (PN 109-49800-10)
ATI 3D Rage II PCI (PN 109-98200-00)
Voodoo Rush PCI

Diamond Multimedia DVD Decoder PCI (PN 23007124-005)

"VB-609" PII motherboard, AGP/PCI/ISA/SDRAM
ASUS CUV-NT Socket 370 motherboard AGP/PCI/SDRAM (includes CPU + heatsink but no fan)
AOpen AX59Pro Super Socket 7 ACP/PCI/ISA/SDRAM/SIMM (includes CPU + fan + heatsink)
SOYO SY-7VCA Socket 370 AGP/PCI/ISA/AMR/SDRAM (includes CPU + fan + heatsink)

Pentium II CPU 450 MHz? with heatsink
(80523PY450512PE SL2U7 / 98440844-0046 MALAY)

Coppermine Socket 370 Pentium III CPU with heatsink

I'm located in Ontario, Canada; overseas surface shipping for a motherboard probably starts around $30-35.

Last edited by Jorpho on 2010-09-07, 19:10. Edited 3 times in total.

Reply 3 of 35, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I would be interested in these:
AOpen AX59Pro Super Socket 7 ACP/PCI/ISA/SDRAM/SIMM (includes CPU + fan + heatsink)
Diamond Multimedia DVD Decoder PCI (PN 23007124-005)

How much would shipping to The Netherlands cost?

Reply 7 of 35, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Have you done any L1 cache disabling tricks with this board? Any luck in slowing it down through that option?

A single board could be posted quite cheaply. In a large bubble wrap envelope with some thick cardboard each side should do the trick...

Then it's a letter and prices should be a lot cheaper...

Reply 9 of 35, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Mau1wurf1977 wrote:

Have you done any L1 cache disabling tricks with this board? Any luck in slowing it down through that option?

I am sick and tired of mucking with these things! I don't know why I would want to slow it down and certainly haven't tried. (I say if you want to slow it down that badly, just throw in a P100 and be done with it.)

A single board could be posted quite cheaply. In a large bubble wrap envelope with some thick cardboard each side should do the trick...

Then it's a letter and prices should be a lot cheaper...

I've never seen them check international mail for thickness in Canada. Besides, even with the CPU heatsink taken off, the port connectors still make its profile much too large.

Tetrium wrote:

Yes but if I can get the same board for €1+shipping for €6 from someone locally...

Can you really? Super Socket 7 boards don't seem to be particularly common. There's actually one on eBay right now for $45. Or are you referring to the DVD decoder?

Reply 10 of 35, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

A couple months ago I placed a bid on 2 SS7 boards in Germany. I won both for €1 so total was €2 + shipping (was around €15 iirc). These boards came with CPU's and a couple manuals also 😀

If I can find one selling in the benelux shipping can be as low as €10 or less 😀

$45 is imo way overpriced. Personally I'd like to pay like €5 to €10 each if it's a nice board. If it's a great board I might go higher but paying $45 is out of the question.

I'm starting to get the impression both continents (N Amerika and Europe) have very much different supply and demands for items.
It seems 3DFX and K6-2+'s are much more common in N-A while K6-3+'s are way more common in EU.
I'm sure theres many more examples out there.

Reply 11 of 35, by Old Thrashbarg

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm starting to get the impression both continents (N Amerika and Europe) have very much different supply and demands for items.

Well, FWIW, I've seen similar deals on SS7 boards here in the US. Granted, the majority of 'em on eBay are listed as BINs with prices ranging from mildly absurd to outright obscene, but when they show up on regular auctions, the things don't really get a whole lot of bidding action and tend to close for just a few bucks. Hell, I paid somewhere around $25 shipped for my P5A 1.03 board with a CPU , heatsink, RAM, and a Voodoo5.

Reply 12 of 35, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I've never seen them check international mail for thickness in Canada. Besides, even with the CPU heatsink taken off, the port connectors still make its profile much too large.

Trust me it works. There are bubble padded envelopes up to size A3...

It's up to you, I am just offering another option...

Reply 13 of 35, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Old Thrashbarg wrote:

the majority of 'em on eBay are listed as BINs with prices ranging from mildly absurd to outright obscene, but when they show up on regular auctions, the things don't really get a whole lot of bidding action and tend to close for just a few bucks. Hell, I paid somewhere around $25 shipped for my P5A 1.03 board with a CPU , heatsink, RAM, and a Voodoo5.

I'm guessing the Voodoo5 did not feature very prominently in the auction description.

Mau1wurf1977 wrote:

Trust me it works. There are bubble padded envelopes up to size A3...

It's up to you, I am just offering another option...

Dude, you're in Australia! That is not Canada! Things are evidently different here!

Reply 14 of 35, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

You are telling me there are no A3 bubble envelopes in Canada?

Come on 😁 Pull someone else's leg...

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 15 of 35, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Of course there are A3 bubble envelopes in Canada, but that doesn't mean that whatever you stuff in them is magically going to become lightweight and thin, or otherwise make the slightest difference in your shipping costs.

Reply 16 of 35, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

You will find that letters are indeed cheaper than a sending a parcel. A uATX board only weighs around 600g... I have sent a lot of stuff this way and saved everyone a lot of time and money.

Look I don't quite understand why you are so defensive. It is you who is trying to sell these items. I am just trying to help and offer you alternative options for posting these items.

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 17 of 35, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

You are implying I am ignorant of local postal regulations when in fact all you are doing is insisting that your viewpoint applies universally to situations entirely beyond your experience!

Things are probably different where you are, but here things do not suddenly become "letters" just because they are in envelopes instead of boxes. This motherboard is 3.3 cm high at its thickest point (i.e. the edge where the connectors are located). The people at the post office are not going to offer any kind of discount if I give them an A3 envelope that is 3.3 cm thick instead of a box that is 3.3 cm thick. In fact, when thickness matters (in the case of domestic Canadian lettermail, namely), they will shove the envelope through this specially-calibrated piece of plastic to make sure it meets the thickness requirements for lettermail. It is even possible for envelopes filled with lots of ordinary paper to not qualify as lettermail. Okay!?

Reply 19 of 35, by archsan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Jorpho wrote:

... Okay!?

Okay bro

Just for your info, I've been having good experiences lately with ebay sellers that i dealt with. They were sooo p a t i e n t when i asked them about options of cheaper shipping method 😀

Good luck selling then