Hardware Crap I want to get rid of

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 35, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
archsan wrote:

Just for your info, I've been having good experiences lately with ebay sellers that i dealt with. They were sooo p a t i e n t when i asked them about options of cheaper shipping method 😀

I doubt they would have remained so patient if you kept insisting that you knew of a cheaper method than the options they provided.

Reply 21 of 35, by archsan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I doubt they would have remained so patient if you kept insisting that you knew of a cheaper method than the options they provided.

actually, they did, and quite happily as well -- but maybe it's just me, i choose my words carefully 😉

Reply 22 of 35, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Selling and buying is business. It's nothing personal.

I believe there is always an option to save money. E.g. a seller in the US wants 110 bucks to ship me 3 desktops. We looked at some other options and we can do it now for 55 bucks.

It's the tone, not the message 😉

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 23 of 35, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Mau1wurf1977 wrote:

It's the tone, not the message 😉

Mau1wurf1977 wrote:

You are telling me there are no A3 bubble envelopes in Canada?

Come on 😁 Pull someone else's leg...

Indeed.

Reply 24 of 35, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

You see that's the thing you don't get. I'm the customer with the money...

As a seller you had a choice. Answer the questions and get the money or pick a fight and the money walks...

going, going, gone 😁

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 25 of 35, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Cmon, lets keep it friendly here 😀

I've seen shipping costs provided on Ebay that were MUCH higher then his (like $99 to ship a single CPU from the US to Europe which I think is insane).
Imo $35 isn't that high if you take into account the cost of packaging mats and driving to the postal office just to make a few bucks.

It would've helped however if Jorpho had added his location in his profile though, I typically choose to not buy from outside the EU because of shipping cost. Lets cut him some slack here, alright? 😉

Reply 26 of 35, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Tetrium wrote:

It would've helped however if Jorpho had added his location in his profile though

Thank you, that's something constructive. (My location is actually in the OP, but whatever.)

Mau1wurf1977 wrote:

You see that's the thing you don't get. I'm the customer with the money...

As a seller you had a choice. Answer the questions and get the money or pick a fight and the money walks...

I thought we had established some time ago that you found my prices too high and that you had decided that I was an ignorant liar. Why would I want to sell to you? You'd probably accuse me of knowingly shipping damaged goods or claim that the package never arrived or something.

This is where I throw in a smiley to make it all better.

😁

Reply 27 of 35, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

decided that I was an ignorant liar.

That's what you assumed, not what I decided...

Why would I want to sell to you?

Well that choice was never yours to make...

Reply 28 of 35, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Mau1wurf1977 wrote:
That's what you assumed, not what I decided... […]
Show full quote

decided that I was an ignorant liar.

Why would I want to sell to you?

Well that choice was never yours to make...

Technically it is his choice to make. He's selling his stuff to anyone who wants it, except for you now. His sale, his conditions.
If you want cheap shipping cost then theres no beating buying locally. It's what I do now.
Now I know why you want to see if you can scrape something off of the shipping price but if he's unable or unwilling to do so theres really no point in continuing to drag this discussion on now is it? 😀

Mau1wurf1977 wrote:

I believe there is always an option to save money.

If the seller refuses to lower his shipping cost no matter if you try left or right, then it's basically take it or leave it. When that happens, your power of a buyer kinda becomes limited to seeking a cheaper seller. Sorry mate.

Reply 29 of 35, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Jorpho wrote:
Tetrium wrote:

It would've helped however if Jorpho had added his location in his profile though

Thank you, that's something constructive. (My location is actually in the OP, but whatever.)

Any time 😉
And you added your location to the OP after I showed interest in some of your objects. Hence it's very handy to have your location in your profile 😉

Reply 30 of 35, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I get what you are saying, but I have a pretty common sense approach to most things...

f I can get 3 desktops sent from the US for 55 bucks, I don't see how a main board from Canada would cost me 35...

To "sweeten the deal" it is unknown that the items work and when asked about slowing down that board (which I might add is a common interest in this forum) I got "I'm sick and tired bla bla bla..." and a general sense of "I can't be bothered..."

Reply 31 of 35, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

If you - or rather, if someone else - asks nicely and can name some specific tests, I might be able to see what I can do, but if you want something that is guaranteed to work and/or has been thoroughly tested for dozens of hours in a wide variety of different configurations, then clearly this is not the place to look and I wish you good luck in finding such a thing.

Perhaps you do not realize that if no one wants to buy any of these things they will likely be deposited at the nearest electronics recycler. It is a bit unfortunate in my mind to waste such relatively hard-to-find and potentially useful components, but I have no interest in hanging on to them for the rest of my life, much less wasting my time swapping around RAM and power supplies and video cards for the sake of making a few measly dollars.

And I still say there's nothing that will slow down a Socket 7 system quite as effectively as sticking a P100 CPU inside. Why bother with anything else?

"Common sense", indeed!

Mau1wurf1977 wrote:

f I can get 3 desktops sent from the US for 55 bucks

I have no idea how you did that. I'm sure it's a lovely story.

Mau1wurf1977 wrote:

No, that's very much what you implied in that above quote about A3 envelopes. Go back and re-read it. Oh look here is another happy smiley. 😁

Last edited by Jorpho on 2010-09-09, 05:02. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 32 of 35, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Then you must learn how to read...

I said there are envelopes up to size A3, to which you said, well this isn't Australia. Which obviously is BS as you later admitted that yes, you do have large envelopes of that size in your country...

Then I said that letters are cheaper than parcels. Which is true, isn't it?

I also said that boards weigh around 600g. Do you agree? Care to comment?

asks nicely and can name some specific tests, I might be able to see what I can do, but if you want something that is guaranteed to work and/or has been thoroughly tested for dozens of hours in a wide variety of different configurations, then clearly this is not the place to look and I wish you good luck in finding such a thing.

Again more silly assumptions. When did I ask for a guarantee? When did I ask you to test something? Please link me to where I said that...

I asked if you had done any "playing around" with disabling L1 cache. That was all I wanted to know...

I quote:

Have you done any L1 cache disabling tricks with this board? Any luck in slowing it down through that option?

Reply 33 of 35, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Mau1wurf1977 wrote:

I said there are envelopes up to size A3, to which you said, well this isn't Australia.

No, you said you could use "a large bubble wrap envelope with some thick cardboard" to post a motherboard as a letter, to which I said, this isn't Australia.

Then I said that letters are cheaper than parcels. Which is true, isn't it?

I also said that boards weigh around 600g. Do you agree? Care to comment?

I really don't know why I'm wasting my time on you anymore. Go to CanadaPost.ca , click on Find A Rate, and hover your mouse over "What is the difference?"

Letter Select letter if you are mailing documents, cards or small packages that are within the following dimensions: Length: Min […]
Show full quote

Letter
Select letter if you are mailing documents, cards or small packages that are within the following dimensions:
Length: Minimum - 14 cm (5.51 in.), Maximum - 38 cm (14.96 in.)
Width: Minimum - 9 cm (3.54 in.), Maximum - 27 cm (10.63 in.)
Height: Minimum - 0.018 cm (0.007 in.), Maximum - 2 cm (0.78 in.)
Weight: Maximum - 500 g (1.1 lb.)
Note: Items containing goods or anything of value cannot be sent as letters to U.S. or international destinations.

Parcel
Select parcel if:
* Your item exceeds the maximum size dimensions for a letter
* Your item weighs more than 500 g (1.1 lb.)
* You are sending Small Packets, goods or anything of value to a U.S. or international destination

And FYI, with the CPU and heatsink, the weight is considerably higher than 600 g.

When did I ask for a guarantee? When did I ask you to test something? Please link me to where I said that...

Right up there when you complained that "it is unknown that the items work".

I asked if you had done any "playing around" with disabling L1 cache. That was all I wanted to know...

Good, so it's no big deal that I haven't, now is it?

Reply 34 of 35, by archsan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Oh okay... let us all chill...

no need for us to exchange words with, um, "implied" unfriendliness...

@Jorpho, i understand that selling stuff maybe is just not your daily business, but asking for the most economic option is a very common thing to do. And from my experiences as well, the most patient eBay sellers are those who earned 100% positive feedback--say, a thousand feedback, so we can safely assume that at some point, they must have had someone "nagged" them for the cheapest option. Well, at least that is *my* standard practice. And usually when there are no cheaper solution, i get replies like, "sorry, but this is the cheapest i could find", that's all.

@Mau1wurf, maybe you were interested in his stuff (i know you were), or wanted to help him sell, but unfortunately, it's unlikely now that he will let you help him, and it is his thread anyway, so there's no point... (you know, there are other threads you can *dig*)

let's all be friendly again

😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀