VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Asa

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am trying to find out if anyone remembers the Wolf3D 1.3 hack that caused Id to skip that revision number. Information on that is just as scarce now as it was back when the hack first came to public knowledge.

I looked for it back then and couldn't find it anywhere, and looking now is yielding the same result. I am trying to get the "official" story of how it came to the attention of Id, and if they ever looked at it to see what had been done to the game. I am also trying to locate a copy of it to add to my collection (I have 2 copies of the Alpha, 1 from 1992 and 1 from 2003, and more than 1 copy of each of the shareware versions (different releases and such).

I also own a copy of Wolf3D (6-episode 1.4) and SoD (1.4 with FormGen's 2 extra episodes and the front end that allows you to select which episode you want to play). It also includes FormGen's level generator.

I hope to be able to add vs. 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2 of Wolf3D (3 and 6 episode versions) and 1.0 and 1.1 SoD versions, if I can find them.

Reply 2 of 2, by digitaldoofus

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I only have Wolf3D as a PC CD (I don't know which version?). I also occasionally like to play Wolf3D on my Atari Jaguar. It gets a bit repetetive, though, so I don't end up playing it very long.

Props to you, for being such a thorough "Wolf3D" historian and fan!

Once you try retrogaming, you'll never go back...