VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Amigaz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Got an Xbox (original first version) today and I am looking for some good 2 player games (played from the same console, no network) but since I've never owned an Xbox, Pkaystation etc I don't have a clue what games to get so I winder if anyone of you guys here can help me out with some good tips?

My retro computer stuff: https://lychee.jjserver.net/#16136303902327

Reply 1 of 6, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

If you like beatemup games , then Soul Calibur is good, and so is Dead Or Alive if you like a kind of Virtua Fighter to it. I have both games on XBOX, and they are actually pretty good 😀 both are two player games. So if you like some kind of "non Virtua Fighter" feel, then you choose Soul Calibur, and if you like the "Virtua Fighter feel" then Dead Or Alive is another nice game. If you like footie (soccer/football) then ISS and Fifa are great, and I think both are 2 player games. And well if you LOVE 2D fighters then, I actually think there are quite a few 2D fighter collections/games to the original XBOX. So you can get them too. Maybe some other people can recommend you some other genres, that has 2 player options, such as some racing games with split screen playing or some other stuff like that.

Reply 2 of 6, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

First of all you need to either softmod or chip that beast. 😉 Modding an Xbox is a magical experience that gives you access to so many cool things. How about Quake 2 at 720p with 2X AA?! Oh and of course emulators for every retro console/computer known to mankind. And of course you can run XBox games off the HDD (and upgrade the hard drive to like 500GB if you want hehe).

There are lots of cool multiplayer games. Halo 1/2 cooperative is a blast. Xyanide is an awesome shooter. Dead or Alive, Hunter the Reckoning, Gauntlet, Lego Star Wars.... I am having a hard time remembering anymore heh. Whenever I get a new retro console I usually spend hours reading through review sites to find games.

Gamespot list 😁

XBox has my favorite Rally racer ever, Rallisport Challenge 2. It's better than anything newer IMO and I've played just about all of them. For one, it has snow!

If you weren't on the other side of the planet I'd be on my way over to set ya up!

Reply 3 of 6, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

swaaye: if you weren't on the other side of the ocean/planet I think Amigaz , you and I could hit off in Copenhagen to get a drink, cause Sweden and Denmark does not need a passport between them, and also if Amigaz lived/lives close to Copenhagen we could hook up either in Sweden or in my town and mod our XBOX consoles. Hell unless Amigaz does not have bredbaands bolaget as his ISP, I would probably have the best internet speed, cause my isp used to the Danish version of that awesome ISP. But alas we can always hope when it comes to that. Cause I have had one guy who crashed at my place for a few days, and man that was a blast. And no worries I can handle three days speaking only English so I am not going to get any kind of mental burn out, because I speak English for more than a few hours. Anyway It could be awesome.

Swaaye: Denmark and Sweden are neighbouring countries, and the border is at its smallest only a few kilometres between us (I am of course thinking about Helsingør/Elsinore and Helsingborg, and why did I use the "English" name for that Danish town ? well because Hamlet is living in that particular town in Shakespeares version of the story, the original story is from Saxo Grammaticus and the person was named Amlet/Amled and it "happened" in Jutland and not in Elsinore. But enough story for now, except for this interesting article about Saxo in English.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saxo_Grammaticus

Last edited by WolverineDK on 2010-10-22, 01:22. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 4 of 6, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

🤣 that is a complex, winding adventurous post you made there Wolverine.

As soon as they build that undersea tunnel beneath the Atlantic, I'll head on over so we can all hang out. 😁

ALTHOUGH, I might chance a transatlantic journey with this boat...

Attachments

• drug-runner-rib.jpg
    Filename
    drug-runner-rib.jpg
    File size
    12.31 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 5 of 6, by Amigaz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Thanks for the tips, guys 😀

@wolverinedk

You bring some Carlsberg/Tuborg beer and I bring some Norrlands Guld/Falcon beer, ok? 😉

@swaaye

Plan to mod it, yes...but I suck at soldering
Aren't there solder free chip mods o is the soft mods as good as a hardware mod?

If you plan to take that boat to visit us crazy scandinavian's I'm glad you chose Yamaha because I can provide you with lots of spare parts...we are the biggest Yamaha outboard spare parts dealer in Sweden 😎

My retro computer stuff: https://lychee.jjserver.net/#16136303902327

Reply 6 of 6, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Amigaz: sure I would bring Carlsberg , Tuborg and Faxe beer to the party, but for myself I think I would get some Cult cola and some spirits such as Vodka and Swedish cider (the low alcohol version). Cause beer and me do not match, even though my genes should make me the greatest boozer of all times (joke) . But anyway it would be awesome none the less 😀