Common searches

FPS games using a joypad

Topic actions

Reply 60 of 65, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Gamepads and joysticks are definitely superior for a lot of things. I've been using a USB gamepad to play X-Wing in DOSBox because you really need an analog joystick of some kind to play flight sims (wish I had a USB flight stick though, as the analog nub on my gamepad is small). I've been using a Wii Classic Controller Pro with my laptop via a Bluetooth adapter to play 8- and 16-bit console emulator games on my laptop and HTPC, because it's more authentic than a keyboard and has a better D-pad than my USB gamepad 😀

Reply 61 of 65, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I have one of these for use with my EeePC. It's an appropriate size. 😁 It has lots of buttons and one of those PSP-like thumb nubs. It also has rumble!

41-c7GAt5rL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
http://www.amazon.com/Genius-Pandora-Pro-mini … e/dp/B000OE07AA

Reply 62 of 65, by PowerPie5000

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
swaaye wrote:
I have one of these for use with my EeePC. It's an appropriate size. :D It has lots of buttons and one of those PSP-like thumb n […]
Show full quote

I have one of these for use with my EeePC. It's an appropriate size. 😁 It has lots of buttons and one of those PSP-like thumb nubs. It also has rumble!

41-c7GAt5rL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
http://www.amazon.com/Genius-Pandora-Pro-mini … e/dp/B000OE07AA

Awesome! That would be perfect for use with Neo Geo emulators... It's a similar layout to a Neo Geo controller with the small thumb nub 😀

I have various controllers for use with my very small emulation machine (Lenovo A61e)... It's got Sega Saturn, Snes, Nes, Xbox 360 and Playstation style USB pads. I also have a decent 8 button arcade stick for MAME and a 4-button Competiton Pro USB stick for WinUAE 😎

Reply 63 of 65, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Hey, either this is coincidence or we classic junkies have more in common :

I'm a joypad junkie myself :

Here's a real Nintendo64 joypad with USB adapter for the true feeling of playing Nintendo64 games in high resolution, via Project64 :

dsc00577a.jpg

A SNES controller for use with ZSNES with USB adapter :

dsc00578u.jpg

A SEGA gamepad for use with K-Fusion and MAME (direct PC USB gamepad) which mimics the Genesis' 6-button controller, with an additional left shoulder button (this is still unused of the two that I have) :

dsc00579nd.jpg

The PC version of Logitech Rumblepad2 - comes to 12 programmable buttons - (including the L3 and R3) :

dsc00582in.jpg

And the XBOX 360 controller for Windows :

dsc00584j.jpg

My HOTAS for use with my Dos Flight Sims in the 486 (CH Jane's Combat Stick and CH Pro Throttle) ( Acknowledgement - Many, many, many thanks to "RandomDataPacket" for sending me the CH Pro Throttle!!) :

dsc00580h.jpg

But when it comes to FPS, I STILL prefer to use my ever trusty mouse and keyboard! Hehehe... 😁

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 64 of 65, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I might have to get that N64 adapter! Very cool.

I might want to get a XBox adapter too. I kinda like the original big Xbox pad. I have big hands and they are great for that.

My collection of pads and sticks includes
CH Flightstick
CH Flightstick Pro USB
Logitech Wingman Rumblepad
Genius Pandora Pro
Xbox 360 pad