VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by nate509

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Im here too inform you that you can download basically warcraft ii @ war2custom.com. The game has been modified to be smaller in size 13.3 mb for large quantity of downloads and online game play on our pvp server.

The game is now a simple download thats compatible with xp/vista/win7 (no mac sorry) and is simple as that. We have a small community of online gamers, we average about 60-100 players on at all times 24/7.

So what are you waiting for? Forget campaigns, thats old school! Come download our game @ war2custom.com and get competitive on our online server and play on teams. Ladders,Tournaments,Forums And more.

Also "New" War2Combat Map Editor has been released in our downloads section. Go to our downloads page to get it. Combat Edition Nor Editor require any kind of cd or cd-key. Make your own maps and try them online.

My online game username is NaTE. Add me if you like!

Reply 2 of 6, by nate509

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

It's not pirated, we only modified the game because blizzard wont release the f'in source to this great game. There fucking us over, not the other way around. We have been establish for 5 years and is the only place to play warcraft ii online. Please respect that fact. The game is not sold in stores anymore so we must improvise, who wants to pay 30 bucks for a game online when you cant even play it on multiplayer. Any real war2 gamer would say who cares, this is what we gotta do to play online and survive.

Im a top notch player since 1997 @ war2, i have survived the kali days and battle.net and now currently residing on a pvp server. I am a true gamer and own 10 copys of the real game. I have paid my dues and my comments should be respected. I am a top tier player.

Reply 5 of 6, by ADDiCT

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

This is most probably illegal. Thread should be closed and all links deleted. Either we're "no warez" or we aren't. No exceptions should be made.

I'm no lawyer, but I'm pretty sure that "reverse engineering" or "changing the original product" is at least problematic if not downright illegal in most jurisdictions. The same is true for distributing copyrighted material. The download on the site mentioned by the OP definitely contains material which is copyrighted.

nate509: we don't care who you are or how long you've been playing WCII. If you have a problem with how WCII works (or doesn't work) contact Blizzard, and/or do the only thing customers can do when they're angry with a manufacturer - boycott the product(s).

EDIT: been scanning the download more thoroughly. It's basically WCII BNE (minus the large assets like movies and music) bundled with cracks and a highly suspicious UPX compressed executable. Definitely warez, possibly containing a trojan or virus of sorts for good measure.

Also,

We have been establish for 5 years and is the only place to play warcraft ii online

is ridiculous. I don't bother with Blizzard stuff, but BN seems to be still online, and WCII BNE is still being sold.