VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Hi, people. I just need to vent some steam. I bought this game a few days ago and I can't even play it because it hangs on me every 30 seconds. Way to go Treyarch/Activision. Selling an unfinished product ridden with bugs. I love you. 😠

Reply 1 of 38, by Amigaz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
eL_PuSHeR wrote:

Hi, people. I just need to vent some steam. I bought this game a few days ago and I can't even play it because it hangs on me every 30 seconds. Way to go Treyarch/Activision. Selling an unfinished product ridden with bugs. I love you. 😠

Freezes on me too, not even ctrl+alt+del helps 😜

My retro computer stuff: https://lychee.jjserver.net/#16136303902327

Reply 2 of 38, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I share your pain. I have an Ati graphic card. If I disable Catalyst AI my computer just shuts down completely. Catalyst 10.11 are out. Gonna try these but I won't keep my fingers crossed.

Reply 3 of 38, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I have no interest in CoD games, but I do have an ATI Radeon HD 5870 in my gaming desktop so I've been reading about Catalyst 10.11... People are saying that 10.11 is missing some features like morphological antialiasing that are in 10.10e, so 10.11 might actually be a slightly older (or more stability-focused) build.

Reply 4 of 38, by Amigaz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Using a Geforce GTX 480 here so I guess it's something else that's crapping out

Reply 5 of 38, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Same old hang with Catalyst 10.11 - This time I was able to open Task Manager and found out the game was using 3,3 GB RAM. There must be a memory leak somewhere...

Too bad. The only thing I can do now is wait for future patches. 😠

Reply 7 of 38, by PowerPie5000

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm running a pair of 1gb Radeon 5850's with the latest Catalyst drivers (10.11)... No problems here with Black Ops. My rig is a Core i7 940 with 6gb DDR3 RAM and running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

Reply 9 of 38, by PowerPie5000

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
eL_PuSHeR wrote:

I think you are on the lucky side. PC specs. don't matter that much as I have read that people with very powerful PCs are having problems too.

Could just be a driver combination with some PC's that the game doesn't agree with. Does it affect both AMD and Intel users? The only game i've had real issues with is Unreal Tournament 3... it randomly freezes when respawning 😒

Reply 11 of 38, by Amigaz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
eL_PuSHeR wrote:

I have tried three different Catalyst drivers. I have an AMD Phenom Quadcore. I don't know if Amigaz is running on Intel.

It crashed on my Phenom II X4 955BE

Recently upgraded to a Phenom II X6 1090T BE, crashes with this CPU too

Using an NForce 980a chipset mobo

Reply 12 of 38, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

So I suspect is not the infamous TLB bug on earlier models (mine is affected, although I have the erratum fix disabled in bios; never had any real problems with it). Today the game was updated via Steam, but the problem persists.

My processor is an earlier AMD Phenom X4 9500 Black Edition running on an AMD 790FX chipset (SB600 southbridge).

Maybe it's AMD. I doubt it.

Reply 13 of 38, by BigBodZod

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Since I don't have that game I can not comment, I have seen random things like this with some configurations and such so it is most likely a combination of things that are causing this to occur.

The game I'm playing right now is Fallout: New Vegas and it has CTD's that can and do frustrate you 😜

No matter where you go, there you are...

Reply 15 of 38, by BigBodZod

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
eL_PuSHeR wrote:

I finished Fallout: NV a few days ago. Ran perfectly fine for me.

Nice, that means if I do pickup this title, it will run perfectly fine for me where as Fallout New Vegas runs great on your machine 😜

No matter where you go, there you are...

Reply 16 of 38, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

heh that's what I was thinking if Fallout: NV runs perfectly on his machine (NO CTD's) then something is really screwy with that system. 😉

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 19 of 38, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
HunterZ wrote:

🤣, a Bethesda game that doesn't crash? That'll be the day...

Now now. If you've played Morrowind v1.0, you know that Oblivion v1.0 was astonishingly polished by comparison. Let alone any older Betheda games. 😳