VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by digitaldoofus

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

If anyone might be willing to sell the 3 CMS chips for SB 2.0, I'd pay $60.00 USD (plus shipping) for the set. Or if you'd rather arrange a trade of some kind, I'll try to oblige (I have an authentic Game Blaster *BOX* I might even trade away. And I also have a brand NEW sealed-in-box Ensoniq Soundscape 16-bit wavetable card)

Please PM me if you'd like to deal.

[PS: YES, I realize that it is easy to find the (2) CMS chips to install to a Sound Blaster 1.5. But I'm not very practical, and instead want the ones for SB2.0]

P1000151.JPGP1000149.JPG
THE BOX (not its contents) would be available for trade. Well...okay, maybe also some of the contents, like an original set of install disks.

Last edited by digitaldoofus on 2011-03-17, 13:14. Edited 9 times in total.

Once you try retrogaming, you'll never go back...

Reply 1 of 5, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
digitaldoofus wrote:

JUST THE BOX above would be available for trade

Yeah they don't make illustrations like those anymore... fears of exploding CRTs aren't helped by that

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 2 of 5, by digitaldoofus

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
leileilol wrote:
digitaldoofus wrote:

JUST THE BOX above would be available for trade

Yeah they don't make illustrations like those anymore... fears of exploding CRTs aren't helped by that

Even scarier...check out the TRUMPETING "MAN-ON-A-STEED" flying out of the monitor on the BACK of the box! 😳

Once you try retrogaming, you'll never go back...

Reply 3 of 5, by ratfink

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I suppose if you gotta ask then you don't need them, but I'm curious - what do these extra chips do? Just seen I have 3 empty sockets on my sb2 ct1350b. Do they just add Creative Music System output or something else too? I saw the described somewhere as CMS and FM.

Reply 4 of 5, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Yup it adds CMS compatibility.

CMS and Game Blaster mean the same thing. At the core are these two Philips Audio chips. But the Sound Blaster 2.0 needs a third chip from Creative and that chip is quite rare. But so are CMS and Game Blaster cards.

Cheapeast and easiest option is a 1.5 + these two Philips chips:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glvRYI_RUl4

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 5 of 5, by Robin4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Is the mistery of that 3rd chip already solved? I know that the people knowing the type chip it is. I want to know if it could duplicated?

~ At least it can do black and white~