VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Zup

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I've got some 8 bit computers and a 7 inch DVD player with composite input. My NES, ZX Spectrums and C64DTV works perfectly with it, but I've got an Amstrad CPC that doesn't have composite video output.

The CPC had it's own display (actually, a green phosphor one), but the output is RGB and it's compatible with SCART inputs (so it works with a Sony Bravia, think about how big are the pixels).

I'm thinking about building a RGB to composite video circuit. I've checked MC1376 (the circuit is complex) and AD722 (the circuit would be very simple) but none of that are available in my town.

Where can I get cheapily those parts? Do you know any other part that would work?

I have traveled across the universe and through the years to find Her.
Sometimes going all the way is just a start...

I'm selling some stuff!

Reply 3 of 3, by Zup

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Nope. The first one does not convert any signal, only reroutes them. They have the R, G and B pins from the SCART to the RCA connections.

The second one is the wire I've made to connect it to the Sony Bravia. It will work with any SCART TV (it needs some modifications due to differences with input selection), but I wanted to connect the CPC to a composite video input.

Actually, those circuits would do the work, but they're too complex for me to build, and also too expensive to buy.

I have traveled across the universe and through the years to find Her.
Sometimes going all the way is just a start...

I'm selling some stuff!