VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 21 of 34, by DonutKing

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Sierra's Phantasmagoria has a rape scene. But you can choose to not view it, and it is NOT gratuitous (to me, anyway.)

The rape scene was nothing compared to the force-feeding scene...

If you are squeamish, don't prod the beach rubble.

Reply 22 of 34, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Zup, I kinda like that comic. Cause that Danish guy (with Dannebrog) is totally laid back and relaxed 😀 But if it is implied that the Danish guy is gay, then it sucks just a bit. But oh well, still cool that the Danish guy is mellow 😀

Reply 23 of 34, by Anonymous Freak

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The rape scene was nothing compared to the force-feeding scene...

I agree. WAY worse. However, the rape scene was "sexual". But, just like Zup's photo-comment, the non-sexual content can be *WAAAAY* worse than the sexual content, yet it's the sexual content that will make it "over the top" in the U.S.[/quote]

Reply 24 of 34, by BigBodZod

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Another game Trailer that seems to be making the rounds is Dead Island as the CGI trailer shows children dying too.

The thing to remember is that thes are works of *fiction* and should not be taken as real life events.

Hopefully we will not see anything like a ZOMBIE APOCOLYPSE but just in case I have my axe and shotgun ready 😉

No matter where you go, there you are...

Reply 25 of 34, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The children dying part is always a teeter-totter. Deus Ex lets you destroy them with whatever with no complaints because it wasn't so hyped. Prey lets you see one bloodily impaled from the beginning. Don't forget the whole Bioshock little marysuesisters thing.

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 27 of 34, by digitaldoofus

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Tetrium wrote:

I think the pixels were always there. They only got more detailed 😜

Absolutely true. Even back in 1978 the Atari 2600 had several "X-rated" games, such as "Beat em & Eat em" and "X-Man".

And I know this wasn't even the earliest example of sexuality in games.

As for the more "modern" games with sexual content (in which you actually can view accurate, attractive images of the female body) I view the (physically fit) female form as a beautiful work of art and have no problem with displaying it in computer or video games. It usually only gets "tricky" when sexual (or even violent) acts are performed in conjunction with the nudity.

The REAL crime, however, is when lousy games are attempted to be masked by gratuitous nudity (although, arguably, if the nudity is appealing enough, sometimes this can be a somewhat redeeming feature).

In any event, there should always be advance notice to potential purchasers of questionable content by labelling the packaging and allowing parents to filter the material that gets to their youngsters as they see fit.

Once you try retrogaming, you'll never go back...

Reply 28 of 34, by BigBodZod

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
digitaldoofus wrote:

In any event, there should always be advance notice to potential purchasers of questionable content by labelling the packaging and allowing parents to filter the material that gets to their youngsters as they see fit.

There is, it's called RATED M for Mature, if parents are illiterate then there isn't anything you can do to help them I'm afraid...

Also a rating that rarely gets used but is out there, AO for Adults Only.

No matter where you go, there you are...

Reply 29 of 34, by SKARDAVNELNATE

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
digitaldoofus wrote:

Even back in 1978 the Atari 2600 had several "X-rated" games, such as "Beat em & Eat em" and "X-Man".

I question whether those fall within the category of serious games.

Reply 31 of 34, by digitaldoofus

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
SKARDAVNELNATE wrote:
digitaldoofus wrote:

Even back in 1978 the Atari 2600 had several "X-rated" games, such as "Beat em & Eat em" and "X-Man".

I question whether those fall within the category of serious games.

By "serious" games do you mean "complex"? Or graphically explicit? Or what? (And does it really matter, for the point I was making?)

They are true "games", they have "gameplay", and they could easily (and did) occupy hours of peoples' time back when they were released. The whole point that I (and presumably Tetrium) was making is that sexual content has been around in games way before the hardware was capable of producing a "realistic" depiction of the anatomical parts involved -- all that having changed now, undeniably.

Of course, the mind is a wonderful thing, and fills in a lot of the blanks, when it needs to. Whom among us cannot remember feeling at least a small pang of lust when we first toyed with undressing the card-playing models depicted in the early "Strip Poker" series on our Commodore 64's or even early PC's with mere CGA graphics?

Reply 32 of 34, by SKARDAVNELNATE

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I think Malik gave several examples in the first post post. I suppose we're discussing games that are serious in the sense that explicit content isn't the focus. As he said "It does not matter in games like the Leisure Suit Larry series" where the explicit content is the goal.

Reply 33 of 34, by digitaldoofus

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
SKARDAVNELNATE wrote:

I think Malik gave several examples in the first post post. I suppose we're discussing games that are serious in the sense that explicit content isn't the focus. As he said "It does not matter in games like the Leisure Suit Larry series" where the explicit content is the goal.

In that case, the "Beat em & Eat em" game I mentioned would qualify as "serious" since the explicit content is not the "goal". The gameplay is derivative of the classic "Kaboom" game, where the object is to test your skill by rotating a paddle so as to maneuver your avatar into catching the items rapidly falling from the top of the screen. There is no "progression" of nudity, nor is there a reward of additional nudity for progressing in the game -- your skills and the fun you get in achieving a high(er) score is the main thrust (heh, heh, heehee, hehhe, hee, hee) of the gameplay. 😉

Reply 34 of 34, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
DosFreak wrote:

This is an interesting example since it's a lazy RPG with the plot development put into the sex scenes.

apsosig.png
long live PCem