VOGONS

Common searches

Idea for Vogons sticky threads

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by retro games 100

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I notice that there's 5 sticky threads in Marvin. A couple of thoughts crossed my mind.

(1) Remove all of them, and replace them with 1 thread called something like "the best of Marvin", or "Esssential reading", or whatever. And inside that thread, have it formatted with a mini paragraph summary of each "essential thread", with a link to it.

(2) Same as above, and then expand this idea with extra summary information about "what we have learnt". So, post #1 could summarise each essential thread, and then post #2 could provide some kind of conclusion for each essential thread.

For example - there's 95 posts for the "hanging note problems with SB16 and DBs" thread, and it could all be clevely summarised in several "what we have learnt, kind of conclusion" paragraphs. That would save people wasting their time reading all of it. This would be a fun "wikipedia style" project for Marvin's new moderator.

Edit: When I said above: "(1) Remove all of them...", I am of course referring to the "sticky symbol", and not the actual posts themselves!

Reply 2 of 3, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Jorpho wrote:

It seems to me an even better solution would be an official wiki of some sort somewhere, but maybe the maintenance of that would get too ugly.

You mean a retro wiki?
Or a Vogons wiki! 😜

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 3 of 3, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Why is a few sticky threads a reason to make a post about it ?
Make a post if you have something important to share.
*Closed*

I may sound harsh, but I see no reason for you to meddle in how we manage the board at this point in time.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!