VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by AustinRover

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

This is not strictly a question about getting the game working, but I figured this is a good place to ask this:

I have the game working (in DOSBox) but I am stuck on level 9. It seems completely impossible to complete as there is no route to the exit. I don't know if this is due to a design flaw/bug in the game, or if I'm just missing something. I made a YouTube vid of this level:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwTm2Uz4_9k

There is a huge bug in level 8 of the game, where you can walk right through a laser that should zap you, but that actually helps you finish the level more quickly. I'm thinking that maybe something is wrong with the game that makes level 9 impossible.

If I skip to level 10 with a password, that level and subsequent ones are perfectly straightforward to complete.

I checked the Amiga version of this game too, and the level design is exactly the same so maybe I'm missing something....

Has anyone played this game in DOS/DOSBox (or on Amiga) and can comment?

Reply 2 of 3, by AustinRover

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

That is a switch that brings the floor up just to the left of a little pillar near where 3 of the Humans start the level. If you look at 5:11 in the video, I get the purple guy to flick the switch. You can just see a piece of the floor appear in the very bottom right of the screen.

In typing this reply I've just realised the solution! Thanks 😀 I was about to say there's no way to get over the pillar, but of course there is if I pile 3 guys on top of each other... duhhhh

Time to make a new video methinks...

(Stuck on level 12 now! Maybe I shouldn't be playing this game 😉