VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by GXL750

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I don't remember much of last night. I remember driving home in hellish weather and listening to the plink noise made by hailstones hitting my car and I remember this friend I don't see often coming over with a handle of my favorite brand of vodka and going on about how, for some reason, he owes me vodka. I wake up and said friend is making me eggs and muffin breakfast and, apparently, not only did I down an entire bottle of vodka but I went on a cleaning spree that resulted in my old Dell PIII rig booting fast and my 16 year old Macintosh being 100% dust free and looking good. I'm told I also spent a few hours totally winning in a session of Prince of Persia. Aside from just the Mac, all of my computers look new and you could eat food off them. I don't remember any of this but apparently, I drank a lot of vodka and decided to be productive.

Reply 1 of 13, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

So what brand Vodka was it? 😁

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 7 of 13, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

GXL750: awesome story man, and from now on. If any one is nasty towards you, and tries to implicate you in being bipolar, you can always scream back at them "I'm bi-winning !"

TheMAN: I actually remember a lovely young woman, quite a few years ago (10 + years ago) . Who was okay at FPS , while she was pissed/shitfaced , and well while she was drunk, she mistakenly took a grab on the wrong "joystick", but I am too much of a gentleman to take advantage of a young drunk woman. So nothing happened other than I got red in my face.

Reply 8 of 13, by GXL750

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Earlier, I went out and picked up some CRTs being offered for free. One is a 17" Dell that fits on my small desk perfect and was made in 2001 and matches the PIII powered Dell XPS Win98 machine I have.

Also, my poor '96 Avalon, I just washed it off and found yesterday's hail storm did a number on my windshield.

Well, bi-winning I guess. I have vodka still and I'm finishing it and I got free computer stuff but at the same time, Mother Nature decided my poor Toyota should be less pretty.

Reply 9 of 13, by TheMAN

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

got hail here the other night too... I ran out and moved one of our toyotas into the garage while it was happening... all I got to say is, hail hurts like hell! I was soaked but the car was okay 😀

Reply 10 of 13, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
WolverineDK wrote:

....I actually remember a lovely young woman, quite a few years ago (10 + years ago) . Who was okay at FPS , while she was pissed/shitfaced , and well while she was drunk, she mistakenly took a grab on the wrong "joystick", but I am too much of a gentleman to take advantage of a young drunk woman. So nothing happened other than I got red in my face.

She must have been REALLY drunk to even think of playing an FPS with a "normal" joystick in the first place, let alone the "wrong joystick"!:lol:
And is it possible for her to be "lovely" and "pissed/shitfaced" at the same time?
🤣

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 11 of 13, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Malik: pissed is Scouse dialect for being drunk, but think just for once, what I meant by the wrong joystick, perhaps if I say "joy stick", then it will make more sense. But she did not play Wolfenstein 3D with a joystick. So your last question is answered, of course you can be lovely when you are drunk.

Reply 12 of 13, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

@Malik, WolverineDK: alright, I can see where this thread is heading to. 🤣

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.