VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by cdoublejj

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I work at computer shop that along with I have accumulated a rather larg amount of retro hardware that we don't want any more. I wasn't wondering if any one had some advice on how I might get rid of it, as you may have read Vogons is no market place. So I am seeking advice.

Reply 2 of 9, by cdoublejj

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

in the US, missouri to be more specific. we have pretty good amount of old Pentiums like the socket 370 and slot 1 even some even older CPUs and of course the some low end p4s loads of old sound blasters and old video cards etc. perhaps there is some place other than ebay maybe other retro hardware forums with a market place?

Reply 3 of 9, by Old Thrashbarg

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Well, there's the Vintage Computer and Gaming Marketplace over at the Vintage Computer Forums... It's aimed at really old stuff, like Commodores and Ataris and pre-Pentium PC stuff, so I don't know if they'd much like having a bunch of PII and later stuff on there, but it's one possible avenue, anyway. There's also the Off-Topic Marketplace on the main forums there, so you could list the newer stuff there.

Reply 4 of 9, by cdoublejj

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

hhhmmm i wonder if it would be possible to link to another forum where i'm having the sale. to bad vogons can't have a sticky thread of places where to buy sell things.

Reply 5 of 9, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I'd be interested in perhaps some of the items. And even on VC theres people looking for newer stuff then just old 8088 computers 😉

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 7 of 9, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Also do link your items in your signature. Till you get to place them on a website, you can for the time being, list all that you have on an online notepad like google notes or yahoo notes, and link that to your signature.

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 9 of 9, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Shipping from the US will kill any good price though, but who knows, maybe some (for me) veeery interesting item may pop up 😉

You have a PM

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!