Common searches

hello

Topic actions

First post, by ncmark

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I ran across this site a couple if weeks ago..... how interesting! It's nice to know I'm not the only one who likes fooling around with old computer hardware!!!!

Reply 1 of 6, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Yup, kinda hard trying to find one IRL. Either they aren't really interested (unless it means you could fix their computer 😜) or perhaps because they think you may have something valuable for them to steal 😜

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 2 of 6, by GXL750

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

It's best on message boards. I love talking about old computers myself but in real life, on the rare occasion I bump into someone who shares my interest, the conversation winds up lasting way too long.

Well, it's good to see another face.

Reply 3 of 6, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
GXL750 wrote:

Well, it's good to see another face.

Not possible, he has "no avatar available" as his avatar!

😜

Report spammers here!

Reply 5 of 6, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
ncmark wrote:

I suppose I could make an avatar out of the Intel logo 😀

Seriously - thanks for the replies - nice to "meet" you 😀

Yup, just a little MS-paint magic and you'll be dah man!!!11 😁

Have a good time here, you'll find that the old threads here have a LOOOT of good info for you to read 😉

Report spammers here!

Reply 6 of 6, by Pippy P. Poopypants

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Best to talk about it IRL if I have the time. There was a guy who I used to work with (short, skinny guy with thick glasses - think "Revenge of the Nerds") who had been with the company 20+ years and was responsible for upgrading and maintaining our test bench computers for product testing (as well as reverse-engineering hardware if tech support was non-existent) - he was very into retro hardware, and knew a lot of the stuff I threw at him. The last time I had a conversation with him about it though, it ended up eating up most of my lunch break, but we were both really into it. Those people are quite hard to come by, though.