VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by nemesis

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hey guys, I've been trying to find some of the hardware that I had when I was growing up (who isn't), and I can't seem to find any information on this particular sound unit. I believe it was "soundblaster 16 compatible" and it advertised "64 voice wavetable" or something. I've been looking all over google and other search engines for a little while now and the closest I can find is the motherboards.
Anyone remember this thing?

Reply 1 of 5, by Aideka

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

http://stason.org/TULARC/pc/sound-cards-multi … ia/16snd_2.html scroll the page down to Shuttle, and if you see some card that looks familiar, then report back and I may be able to find more stuff about it 😀

8zszli-6.png

Reply 2 of 5, by nemesis

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thanks! 😀 for some reason i didn't see the soundcard section of stason.
I'm positive it was the Hot-247. Still don't see much for stats on it except that it won't work for win2k or higher.
Still, I remember it being a good soundcard back when we first got it... kinda miss it.

Reply 3 of 5, by Old Thrashbarg

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Well, it should be pretty easy to replace it if you miss it. It's pretty much a generic Opti reference design card, looks to use either the 931 or 933 chipset (only difference between the two chips being that the latter has '3D sound' that nobody ever used anyway). Those sorts of cards are a dime a dozen on eBay, just search "opti ISA" and you're bound to turn up a few that are nearly identical to the one you had.

Reply 4 of 5, by nemesis

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I must confess, I was more interested in the box and software than the card alone... now that I know it was just a reference card that I'll probably never be able to replace, I might as well just get another awe64 or something.
😢
Edit: I couldn't find any of them for $0.00.83 so I now assume that you were using the idiom to make a point about cost.

Last edited by nemesis on 2011-04-24, 02:57. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 5 of 5, by nemesis

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I am reminded of the story of a man that traveled the world looking for one particular gem (black diamond if i recall) and eventually died while still searching.
Later the gem he was looking for was discovered, literally in his back yard.
Anyway, my point is that I discovered this exact soundcard (identical to the one I had given to a friend) sitting in a 486 that I hadn't examined in some time... now to find the box and contents.