Common searches

Quake Level

Topic actions

First post, by ncmark

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Anyone want to play a Quake level??? I posted it in planetquake (link below) but know one has posted any comments. I would be interested to know what people think.

http://planetquake.gamespy.com/View.php?view= … e.Detail&id=360

Reply 2 of 9, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Lol, I have kinda the same problem, posted a couple multiplayer maps for Total Annihilation recently. But at least I've gotten 1 person to respond, with constructive feedback 😀

Thing is, these older games aren't as popular as in the old days, but if the map is good, people will drip in and start using it. Or at least download it and add it to somekind of large mappack or something.

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 4 of 9, by SavantStrike

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Tetrium wrote:

Lol, I have kinda the same problem, posted a couple multiplayer maps for Total Annihilation recently. But at least I've gotten 1 person to respond, with constructive feedback 😀

Thing is, these older games aren't as popular as in the old days, but if the map is good, people will drip in and start using it. Or at least download it and add it to somekind of large mappack or something.

I must have missed that post.

I'm always down for TA, although I haven't played it on line since Cavedog's Bone Yards went dark. TA > Starcraft by a huge margin.

How does one play these days, do you have a server in mind? I'm game 😁.

Reply 5 of 9, by Iris030380

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

TA is greater than SC, but not by a great margin. It's like comparing a Ducati 996 to a yamaha R1 ... it's personal preference which is better, but only a fool would argue that the Duke is not a better engineered and impressive machine.

Shame that SC2 is leagues ahead of Supreme Commander. Seems TA is destined to be the greatest RTS of all time, for it's time.

I5-2500K @ 4.0Ghz + R9 290 + 8GB DDR3 1333 :: I3-540 @ 4.2 GHZ + 6870 4GB DDR3 2000 :: E6300 @ 2.7 GHZ + 1950XTX 2GB DDR2 800 :: A64 3700 + 1950PRO AGP 2GB DDR400 :: K63+ @ 550MHZ + V2 SLI 256 PC133:: P200 + MYSTIQUE / 3Dfx 128 PC66

Reply 7 of 9, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
SavantStrike wrote:
I must have missed that post. […]
Show full quote
Tetrium wrote:

I must have missed that post.

I'm always down for TA, although I haven't played it on line since Cavedog's Bone Yards went dark. TA > Starcraft by a huge margin.

How does one play these days, do you have a server in mind? I'm game 😁.

For online play see here: http://www.tauniverse.com/forum/showpost.php? … 654&postcount=5

Though I don't play TA online anymore (used to in the old days when I was an internet newb...a friend and me shared the oh so very original name "killer11122", go figure 😜

I play TA mostly in LAN's these days, with a couple friends vs AI, using the Total Mayhem mod.

I still need to upload the fixed versions of the 2 maps I uploaded though, but at least the non-fixed versions are perfectly playable (and a PAIN to create eheh 😜 )

Report spammers here!

Reply 8 of 9, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Iris030380 wrote:

Shame that SC2 is leagues ahead of Supreme Commander. Seems TA is destined to be the greatest RTS of all time, for it's time.

Depending on which list you see, but...http://archive.gamespy.com/top10/february04/r … s/index11.shtml 😉

Report spammers here!

Reply 9 of 9, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Harekiet wrote:

I'm guessing it's a mostly brown city

considering the architecture it's gray soemtimes too 😀

haven't tried the level as it's on fileplanet... yes, there's more to this than just hosting politics