VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Lately I've been noticing how hard it is to find new posts sometimes. For example, if there's a new post in a thread with multiple pages you have to scroll to the bottom of page 1, click the number of the last page, then scroll to the bottom of that page to see the new post and if there were new posts on a previous page, you end up missing them. A lot of other forums I am on if you click on a topic with new posts it takes you directly to the first post that you haven't read yet instead of having to do all that clicking and scrolling to find them. Can't something like that be done with these forums?

Reply 1 of 4, by Old Thrashbarg

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

A lot of other forums I am on if you click on a topic with new posts it takes you directly to the first post that you haven't read yet instead of having to do all that clicking and scrolling to find them. Can't something like that be done with these forums?

You mean like, clicking the little round icon to the left of the thread title? 😉

Reply 2 of 4, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Old Thrashbarg wrote:

A lot of other forums I am on if you click on a topic with new posts it takes you directly to the first post that you haven't read yet instead of having to do all that clicking and scrolling to find them. Can't something like that be done with these forums?

You mean like, clicking the little round icon to the left of the thread title? 😉

I never knew you could do that. I thought that just lit up to let you know there were new posts. Usually just clicking on the title of the thread is all it takes on other forums which is what I had been doing here.

Reply 3 of 4, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Yep, as Old Thrashbarg said, just click on the lit up icon to the left of the thread title.

From the Main Index, if you clck on a lit up icon, say, Milliways, it'll take you directly to the latest post in the whole of Milliways.

And within Milliways, you can click on any lit icon of a topic to take you to the latest post of that particular topic.

Edit : You can also alter the way new topics are displayed in your profile. (New topics first.)

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 4 of 4, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Old Thrashbarg wrote:

Wow, never knew that, I had the exact same problem!

Cheers 🤣, learned something new today 😜

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!