VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 20 of 22, by rug

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
HxCSweep wrote on 2022-08-15, 10:27:

I know this thread may be dead but were these the speakers? If so anyone have any info on them. I have lost the power adapter and they do not designate the voltage or amperage

No those are not the original.

The Sound Machine's speakers were indeed white, but they didn't need a power supply, they ran directly off the soundblaster card.

Cheers,
Rita Graça.

My DOS machine: MS-DOS 6.22, Pentium MMX 200MHz, 64MB RAM, AWE64 Gold, 4GB HD, Philips 19" CRT, 3"1/2 Floppy, CDROM, Parallel ZIP, ThrustMaster FLCS+TQL+Elite.

Reply 21 of 22, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

This thread reminds me of Winner 3D Audio Stick, advertised at this CGW issue, PDF page 325 (magazine page 321). The stick unusually has volume control rotary knob, as well as a built-in 3D audio chip. I imagine its rudder and throttle controls are abysmal, since they both come as rotary knobs! The words "QuickShot" and "soundcard" make me mistakenly think that it was a QuickShot joystick, but a recent visit to the page shows that the brand is Winner 3D Audio instead of QuickShot.

Nonetheless, this is the joystick in question.

cgw-148-page-325.jpg

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 22 of 22, by ARPcPro

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
HxCSweep wrote on 2022-08-15, 10:27:

I know this thread may be dead but were these the speakers? If so anyone have any info on them. I have lost the power adapter and they do not designate the voltage or amperage

Those speakers are a Sound Force 510 speaker kit (12V DC adapter) - https://ireland.apollo.olxcdn.com/v1/files/e5 … mage;s=1000x700

The ones from the Quickshot Sound Machine are smaller and passive. I still have the original floppy disks of commander keen goodbye galaxy that came with the kit.

Attachments

• Sound Machine.jpg
    Filename
    Sound Machine.jpg
    File size
    210.04 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    SB licensed clone
    File license
    Public domain