Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Found another post while surfing looking for an answer to a similar question :

The Question wrote:
DosBox Fullscreen Resolution on Widescreen Monitor […]
Show full quote

DosBox Fullscreen Resolution on Widescreen Monitor

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have a laptop with widescreen monitor and because of this I'm having a little trouble getting the resolution on DosBox to be correct.

In the configuration file, there is the following setting: fullscreenresolution=original

Using this setting, DosBox fils the screen when using fullscreen and as such, stretches the image.

I have tried altering the setting to: fullscreenresolution=0x0 and while this stops the picture from being stretched, I'm left with a very small image in the centre of my screen.

I decided to experiment and typed in fullscreenresolution=1x1, this doesn't stretch the picture but makes it so big, the top and bottom are chopped off!!!

Is there any way to set the fullscreenresolution setting in the configuration file so that it acts like the 4:3 mode on a widescreen TV, filling the screen but leaving black borders either side?

And the first answer was :

First Answer wrote:

not sure, cant say i've tried. But you sure this is to do with gaming?

(Feel like pulling my hair out. 🤣)

(Taken from "digitalspy" forum - posted in 2008.)

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 22 of 24, by GXL750

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

There's also this version of incredibly useless:

Bob: I can't do this without something something something. Help.
ROB: I have this issue too. I'm not sure how to fix it either.
Bob: NVM, I figured it out. However, I'm not going to elaborate on any details as to how I did so.
Mod: Okay, cool, problem's solved, thread closed and locked!

Reply 24 of 24, by chinny22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I remember at first I always hesitated telling attractive girls in the pub I was a techie so they wouldn’t write me off as an IT nerd.
That very quickly changed to not wanting to tell them as their next sentence usually was “I’ve got this problem with my computer…”

The secret was only semi fix it, that way the 2nd visit very often lead to a date 😉