VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by BigBodZod

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

So I found a box that had Amiga Parts marked onto it and started looking through to see what treasures can be had.

Found some interesting parts:

Various SCSI-I Hard Drives from a few manufacturers like Seagate, Maxtor, Miniscribe and CDC.

An old Ricoh SCSI-I Opticial Re-Writer, the old Caddy style.

An Iomega SCSI-I External Zip Drive, even has a terminiation swtich for off and on 😉

This little tidbit in a white generic box not marked with anything, a Diamond Fire GL1, AGP Graphics Card.

Not even sure if it works but I'm going to try it out sometime.

It's interesting the kind of stuff you can find in old boxes stored away for years...

No matter where you go, there you are...

Reply 2 of 9, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Jorpho wrote:

It becomes substantially less interesting the day one has to move out of whatever one's present living space is. 😜

I don't get it 😕

Anyway, I've been having the same experiences lately. I've been organizing my own collection and came across hardware I had completely forgotten I had laying around

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 3 of 9, by DonutKing

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Tetrium wrote:
Jorpho wrote:

It becomes substantially less interesting the day one has to move out of whatever one's present living space is. 😜

I don't get it 😕

He's saying that when you move house, a big collection of old computer parts is a pain in the arse to deal with 😀

Reply 4 of 9, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
DonutKing wrote:
Tetrium wrote:
Jorpho wrote:

I don't get it 😕

He's saying that when you move house, a big collection of old computer parts is a pain in the arse to deal with 😀

It's also a pain in the arse if you get a new girlfriend who wants to move in. Suddenly there isn't enough space for your stuff and her stuff so naturally your stuff has to go. 🤣

Reply 5 of 9, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
DonutKing wrote:
Tetrium wrote:
Jorpho wrote:

I don't get it 😕

Ehm, that's an affirmative!!! 😅

sliderider wrote:

It's also a pain in the arse if you get a new girlfriend who wants to move in. Suddenly there isn't enough space for your stuff and her stuff so naturally your stuff has to go. 🤣

Yup, but in the end all my computer stuff will be tucked away upstairs and I don't want to live together with a girlfriend. The only time I would end up agreeing with living together is if we get a VERY big house! And big houses aren't easy to get over here.

Report spammers here!

Reply 6 of 9, by sgt76

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Tetrium wrote:

Yup, but in the end all my computer stuff will be tucked away upstairs and I don't want to live together with a girlfriend. The only time I would end up agreeing with living together is if we get a VERY big house! And big houses aren't easy to get over here.

Having a very big house isn't a prerequisite- you need a part of it which is absolutely off-limits to her. Otherwise.... 😒

The trick is to make it uninteresting or slightly uncomfortable for her to spend any length of time there so that you don't have to see the 12 wallpaper samples again or what happened on Glee/ Deperate Housewives/ Housewives of NJ this week (oh, f*ck) and bla bla bla....

But you have to not make it that uncomfortable and definitely not too revolting to her, else you'll lose all diplomatic immunity and your embassy will be rolled over and bombed 😵

Then you need to give her a part of the house for her personal space and all that...to make her feel special but actually a cunning plan to make that part of the house the space she spends most of her time and to make your part the less interesting part of the house to her...I'd recommend giving her the entire house but one small room since that's realistically what you'll be in control of anyway....

Reply 7 of 9, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
sgt76 wrote:
Having a very big house isn't a prerequisite- you need a part of it which is absolutely off-limits to her. Otherwise.... :blah: […]
Show full quote
Tetrium wrote:

Having a very big house isn't a prerequisite- you need a part of it which is absolutely off-limits to her. Otherwise.... 😒

The trick is to make it uninteresting or slightly uncomfortable for her to spend any length of time there so that you don't have to see the 12 wallpaper samples again or what happened on Glee/ Deperate Housewives/ Housewives of NJ this week (oh, f*ck) and bla bla bla....

But you have to not make it that uncomfortable and definitely not too revolting to her, else you'll lose all diplomatic immunity and your embassy will be rolled over and bombed 😵

Then you need to give her a part of the house for her personal space and all that...to make her feel special but actually a cunning plan to make that part of the house the space she spends most of her time and to make your part the less interesting part of the house to her...I'd recommend giving her the entire house but one small room since that's realistically what you'll be in control of anyway....

+1!!! 😁

Actually, my man-cave is already off limits unofficially. Noone has any reason to be up there except for fooling around with hardware 😜

Report spammers here!

Reply 8 of 9, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
sgt76 wrote:
Having a very big house isn't a prerequisite- you need a part of it which is absolutely off-limits to her. Otherwise.... :blah: […]
Show full quote

EPIC post... 🤣

Reply 9 of 9, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
sgt76 wrote:

will be rolled over and bombed 😵

I'd recommend giving her the entire house but one small room since that's realistically what you'll be in control of anyway....

The last one I had said I could have a shed in the back yard. The rest of the house would be hers if we got married. 🙁