VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Gemini000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Yes, I play VVVVVV. Doesn't everyone? ;D

OK, obviously it's not a game everyone likes, but its retro charm, 320x240 actual resolution, and catchy music surely hits home for lots of us here on VOGONS.

Of course, the latest version has built-in level editing, something I definitely approve of! Granted, the editor's still a little buggy, but nothing that can't be worked around, and it's MUCH easier to use than many of the editors I've seen!

So, I basically spent the past... *looks at the clock* ...18 hours straight, making a fully scripted level for the game. It's not very big, but it's got story elements, two endings, and some surprises along the way. Here's a download link for those of you who are interested: http://www.pixelships.com/files/vvvvvv_reactor_disaster.zip

To install it, open up your My Documents folder, browse to the VVVVVV folder if it already exists (or create it if it doesn't) and simply unzip the zip file there. :)

If anyone else here has made any VVVVVV levels, now's a good time to show us all! ;D

Oh, and here's some screenshots of the level I made:

vvvvvv_reactor_1.pngvvvvvv_reactor_2.pngvvvvvv_reactor_3.pngvvvvvv_reactor_4.pngvvvvvv_reactor_5.pngvvvvvv_reactor_6.png

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)
--- Pixelmusement Website: www.pixelships.com
--- Ancient DOS Games Webshow: www.pixelships.com/adg

Reply 1 of 2, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I remember a game that looked very similar actually! Except you had to collect 1 gold something on every level?

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!