VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 41 of 156, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Hmm I believe old games shouldn't be remade. They are fine the way they are.

However I would love to have new games that use the same technology / look and feel. Like another Space Quest that plays like Space Quest 2 or another Gateway that plays like the old Legend Adventure games.

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 42 of 156, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

you will have this one once it got released abroad
http://dagiel.pl/index.php?menu=programy&submenu=kik1

meanwhile you can play its older version with my translation
Kajko & Kokosz English language version

Reply 44 of 156, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
nforce4max wrote:

Blade runner by westwood

Totally agree with this one!

- Final Fantasy VII
- Dungeon Keeper (or just get Dungeon Keeper 3 😉 )

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 46 of 156, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Their Finest Hour and Secret Weapons of Luftwaffe with all the beauty of modern 3D graphics.

Keep the flight model simple, ala Crimson Skies. Or, if the game designer just has to satisfy the flight-sim grognards, make the flight model scalable. But most importantly, keep what is great from the original TFH and SWOTL - the strategic-level campaign where the players chooses her/his own target.

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 47 of 156, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Stull wrote:
vetz wrote:

- Final Fantasy VII

You just might get your wish: http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1442947/final_fa … ers_rumour.html

For me that looks like the old PC version is just getting released on Steam with some added features. Won't call it a remake.

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 48 of 156, by nforce4max

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
vetz wrote:
Totally agree with this one! […]
Show full quote
nforce4max wrote:

Blade runner by westwood

Totally agree with this one!

- Final Fantasy VII
- Dungeon Keeper (or just get Dungeon Keeper 3 😉 )

If the cake was not a lie and this were true then it would have been great times indeed.

blade_runner2.jpg

On a far away planet reading your posts in the year 10,191.

Reply 49 of 156, by F2bnp

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Wow that looks great. Reminds me more of Bladerunner though, what with the ATARI sign in the middle!
I don't have any particular game that I'd like remade, mostly because I think we should always move on. Classics are classics, you can't change them. I really enjoyed Tomb Raider Anniversary though, it's a better game than the original. I kinda wanted a remake of the original X-Com UFO Defense (always thought Enemy Unknown sounded that much cooler) and now I'm getting a lot more than that.
Can't wait 'till October to play Firaxis' game!

Reply 50 of 156, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
BigBodZod wrote:

Another one would be Impossible Mission by Epyx, I think that there has been a renaissance of sorts with platformers and this would be a very good candidate.

There already was a remake:
Nintendo DS (2007), PlayStation 2 (2007), PlayStation 3 (2012), PSP (2007) and Wii (2008)
http://spong.com/game/screens/11042444/Imposs … ble-Mission-Wii

Reply 52 of 156, by JayCeeBee64

User metadata
Rank Retired
Rank
Retired

Jill of the Jungle
Wacky Wheels
Blake Stone: Aliens of Gold
Blake Stone: Planet Strike
Whiplash (at least make it run in OpenGL mode)
Crystal Caves

Ooohh, the pain......

Reply 53 of 156, by BigBodZod

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
robertmo wrote:
There already was a remake: Nintendo DS (2007), PlayStation 2 (2007), PlayStation 3 (2012), PSP (2007) and Wii (2008) http://spo […]
Show full quote
BigBodZod wrote:

Another one would be Impossible Mission by Epyx, I think that there has been a renaissance of sorts with platformers and this would be a very good candidate.

There already was a remake:
Nintendo DS (2007), PlayStation 2 (2007), PlayStation 3 (2012), PSP (2007) and Wii (2008)
http://spong.com/game/screens/11042444/Imposs … ble-Mission-Wii

Since I have a PS3 I may look into that that platform then, was hoping for something on the PC as I assumed this was the inference, waht you would like to see remade onto the PC platform.

No matter where you go, there you are...

Reply 54 of 156, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Shagittarius wrote:
Incubation : Time is Running Out SSI Gold box games Magic Carpet Betrayal at Krondor […]
Show full quote

Incubation : Time is Running Out
SSI Gold box games
Magic Carpet
Betrayal at Krondor

Betrayal At Krondor would be great if they used the either the Oblivion or Skyrim engine.

Reply 55 of 156, by mr_bigmouth_502

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I would LOVE to see an actual PC port of Perfect Dark with mod support and online play, as well as bonus singleplayer missions. Microsoft owns Rare, and Rare has the rights, so why not? Just as long as they keep the gameplay the same as it was on the n64 and not screw it up by introducing "features" like regenerating health or a two weapon limit.

I'm aware that there's already an XBLA port, as well as a specialized emulator that allows you to play the original rom with keyboard + mouse controls, but an actual PC port would be nice.

Reply 57 of 156, by Stefan_L

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Mau1wurf1977 wrote:

Hmm I believe old games shouldn't be remade. They are fine the way they are.

It is more how the game is remade that matters, i don't mind updated graphics and sound as long it has it's original charm.
Just imagine a remake of Star Wars: KOTOR with the Mass Effect engine, it would be great and i would choose the remake then 😀

Reply 58 of 156, by rgart

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
sliderider wrote:

Betrayal At Krondor would be great if they used the either the Oblivion or Skyrim engine.

that would be awesome!

=My Cyrix 5x86 systems : 120MHz vs 133MHz=. =My 486DX2-66MHz=