Anyone Play minecraft?

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 35, by luckybob

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
keropi wrote:

^ tried connecting but I can't , there is a 1.4.7 version showing with a red X next to it... Join Server is grayed out too... running an updated legit version ofcourse...

I run with a mod pack. latest version of tekkit lite you can get it here: http://www.technicpack.net/tekkit-lite/

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Reply 21 of 35, by F2bnp

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I started playing Minecraft a few days ago with a couple of buddies. We set up our own little server and wouldn't you know it, 6 hours passed and we barely noticed.
There's a sense of exploration and satisfaction with your creations that few games can actually reach.
I approve!

Reply 22 of 35, by cdoublejj

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Same here, except i now have MC and Tekkit. Tekkit is a total conversion mod for MC that has computers and electricity among many many many many many other things added.

Reply 23 of 35, by luckybob

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
F2bnp wrote:

I started playing Minecraft a few days ago with a couple of buddies. We set up our own little server and wouldn't you know it, 6 hours passed and we barely noticed.
There's a sense of exploration and satisfaction with your creations that few games can actually reach.
I approve!

i'm always looking for small servers to be a part of. 😁

Reply 24 of 35, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

sadly I still get this:

2ztajbk.jpg

I got tekkit, let it download everything and no joy 😒

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 27 of 35, by Gemini000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Any of you who've been watching my web show know that I built a massive starship among other things in vanilla Minecraft:

http://www.pixelships.com/adg/epf018.html - A tour of the various bases I made in the beta versions of Minecraft.

http://www.pixelships.com/adg/epf022.html - Starship Cube Master

Since February I became aware of Feed The Beast, which started out as a very challenging skyblock map, but evolved into a mod package launcher, with some of the mod packs you can use having 50+ mods installed at once! Things like mining machines, electrical systems, nuclear reactors, item and liquid piping, magical research, automatic farming methods, a whole logic-gate and wiring system, computerized turtles you can program to do various things, matter-energy conversion for storing and auto-crafting items, even a massive bee-breeding system that's pretty much a game onto itself. It's been months and I STILL haven't checked out everything these mods can do!

I play on a friend's server running the Direwolf20 mod package, Direwolf20 being a YouTube web show artist who does daily uploads of Minecraft gameplay, including a single-player series and multi-player series where he plays on a Forgecraft server many of the mod authors also play on in order to test out their mods and everything.

Basically, up until FTB, I never played with mods. Now, it's hard to imagine ever playing without them! Once I've got my YouTube stuff going (should be any day now, just need to stop running into problems making my introductory video) one of the things I'm thinking of doing is making a few videos to demonstrate these mod packs and get people more interested in them. FTB completely reviatlized my waining interest in Minecraft. :3

EDIT: And I almost forgot: There's Portal Guns too! :D

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)
--- Pixelmusement Website: www.pixelships.com
--- Ancient DOS Games Webshow: www.pixelships.com/adg

Reply 30 of 35, by cdoublejj

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

what i don't like about tekkit, is you can't upgrade form tekkit lite to tekkit like you can with FTB, (Tekkit light to FTB). also the rail craft creator is an ass hole and is demanding in un fair things from the tekkit team while being way nicer to FTB. i understand there was mix up/issue a while back but, that considered RC creator is still an a hole.

now the new Tekkit lacks high speed rail.

FTB lacks equivalent exchange, the tekkit lacks 1 or two more mods form tekkit light.

does any one know how to run electricity in tekkit light? i broke some stuff on my sever and could use some help fixing it, as putting back the blocks the way i found them didn't work.

EDIT: by tekkit light i meant tekkit classic.

Last edited by cdoublejj on 2013-06-20, 13:51. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 31 of 35, by luckybob

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I consider IC2 my specialty. I've found a way to run 2000+ eu down glass fiber which can only accept 512 normally. in fact you can see how if you go into the "sewers" between my factory and the nuclear plant.

Buildcraft pipes and by extension logistics pipes are my bread and butter. that said, give me a redpower sorting machine and i'm like a deer in headlights. 😜

Reply 32 of 35, by Gemini000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
luckybob wrote:

I consider IC2 my specialty. I've found a way to run 2000+ eu down glass fiber which can only accept 512 normally. in fact you can see how if you go into the "sewers" between my factory and the nuclear plant.

IC2 is one of my specialties too and I currently have a solar farm producing over 10,000 EU/t on high-voltage.

The thing is that "voltage" in IC2 does NOT limit the amount of power you can send down a cable in any way. You can send 2,048 EU/t down a copper cable, if all 2,048 of those energy units are downscaled to low voltage first and combined into a single line from multiple sources.

The trick is that energy storage devices only output LV, MV and HV. There's no storage device which can output EV, and even if there was, it would still only ouput 2,048 per tick. So what you need to do is route your power generation into MULTIPLE storage units, then combine the outputs from those storage units into a single line. Since half of the 10,240 EU/t I generate goes straight into a Mass Fabricator, that leaves 5,120, spread out across 10 MFSUs, which all combine their outputs into a single power line for all of my equipment, allowing my electrical machines to have more than 12 overclockers (the rough limit with a single MFSU for output) and allowing for ridiculously fast resource processing. (Can smelt a stack of anything in an Electric Furnace in about 2 seconds.)

The other trick is that MV/HV/EV won't damage a lower-voltage device without voltage transformers if they pull from a line where the rest of the energy is being used 100% of the time, such as a line directly connecting to a mass fabricator that's never turned off. (I still put voltage transformer upgrades in my machines anyways for safety sake.)

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)
--- Pixelmusement Website: www.pixelships.com
--- Ancient DOS Games Webshow: www.pixelships.com/adg

Reply 33 of 35, by luckybob

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

well, if you factor in that the length of the wiring I have is about 10 chunks, and I have ZERO loss, I think I did a good job.

Reply 35 of 35, by luckybob

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

i'd surely like that. I have a lot of downtime recently in all honesty, the best part of minecraft is playing with others.