VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by CU_AMiGA

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi

I am eyeing up an item in the ebay US but the guy will not send outside US and i cant contact him either. So i was wondering whether anyone here living in the US will do a BIN on the item on my behalf - i ll cover ALL expenses! Thanks for your time! 😀

Regards

Reply 1 of 13, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

You're going to have to provide a little more detail that that, sir, especially since you've not been around here very long.

For instance, where exactly are you located? Europe? Canada? Australia? Do you have Paypal? Were you planning on some variety of express shipping? Do you have some kind of feedback record somewhere else?

[I am unfortunately not in the US either. Just sayin'.]

Reply 2 of 13, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

I think this is worse than trading which isn't allowed here...

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 3 of 13, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

CU_AMiGA is a well respected and ancient member in the main amiga forums....
He is based in UK and if someone cares to help out then don't think about it twice.... 😊

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 5 of 13, by CU_AMiGA

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

thanks for the backup keropi! 😀

i can produce the followinbg feedback:

http://eab.abime.net/member.php?u=2904
http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/cu_amiga123

@Dominus

i think this is another situation tho! as i desperately need this item and there is no way i can buy or even contact this guy on ebay! so obviously i need someone to assist, like a middleman.

@donutking

thanks for the links! 😀 i have emailed both of them! lets hope they can help me out! 😀

regards

Reply 6 of 13, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

i think this is another situation tho! as i desperately need this item and there is no way i can buy or even contact this guy on ebay! so obviously i need someone to assist, like a middleman.

It's actually not that different. Breaking it down to the facts someone buys an item on ebay and you buy it off him, using Vogons to make the deal. This is exactly what the new rule about trading/selling/buying items here is about.

DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 8 of 13, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Well, at the end of the day you are trading via vogons. And yes, it might be bad for you but that's just how it is supposed to work these days.

Reply 9 of 13, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

This might sound pedantic, and I wasn't sure if I should post it at all, but this thread is still going, so...

You still haven't established how you plan to pay this person in the US and what sort of shipping method you are expecting. If you do have these things planned out, it would do much to inspire confidence.

Reply 10 of 13, by CU_AMiGA

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Ooops! Oh yeah! You re right! I will pay via paypal. I will even pay the whole thing before auction bidding! As for shipping, not quite sure wot method, whatever is easiest for the middleman I guess and I too will pay for that too! 😀

Reply 11 of 13, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
DonutKing wrote:

You could try companies like these: http://www.shipito.com/ http://www.myusshopnship.com/

The problem with using a third party to receive the item and ship it to you is if the item doesn't arrive the seller can say it was received at the location that he was told to ship the item to and ebay/Paypal will back him up.