VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Things easily get out of hand and the focus of a thread becomes lost, especially when more and more users are there.

So let's keep as close to the topic as possible, so that we can easily see what's the solution to a problem or to find out more about a specific topic.

(I myself had made mistakes by bringing in other matters not pertaining to the topic in discussion. Usually some interesting thoughts or experiences come in, and may be amusing, but deviate from the main subject.)

I keep reminding myself to refrain from hijacking a thread just because I had a funny experience related to a topic but not relevant to the outcome of the topic of discussion. Sometimes it is tempting to say something but I don't see the point in saying something that will not help propagate the topic to a more constructive and beneficial ending.

(Just wanted to say this, since recently there have been more and more threads leading nowhere..)

(There are immense, useful (and addictive) classic PC hardware and software related discussions and knowledge flowing in the threads, and it's disheartening when the discussions go out of focus.)

As DosFreak said, please use Milliways. (For non-directly-related discussions, or discussions that are not helping the original topic towards it's solution or it's relevant knowledge.)

Errr...it's already quarter past 1, in the morning now! I hope I'm not writing in my sleep! 😁

So, if you see me intruding in and bringing another topic, please warn me or tell me to stfu. Hehehe... 😁

Cheers, friends!

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 1 of 46, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Check this out: http://www.wired.com/underwire/2011/09/my-lit … eason-two-clip/

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 2 of 46, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

I'd rather see a new animated GI Joe series...

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 3 of 46, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I would suggest using private messages for off-topic discussions, but apparently some people cannot tolerate the possibility of "clutter" in their inboxes. 😜

Reply 5 of 46, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Malik: Fuck Censorship! I want my boobs in games, you prudes. I hate it when people COVER up it's annoying I also hate it when people bleep themselves as so who are they going to offend a mother? Its not our responsibility to be clean its the parents so if they let their children on the internet it's their fault not ours. If you don't think that then i'll make you think that because it is fucking bullshit that people have to think 'clean' that is just irresponsible.

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 6 of 46, by RogueTrip2012

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

So I shouldn't off rail the 486-386 threads by telling stories about when I was in high school about how much old hardware I tossed in the bin for my computer science classes? I mean lots of it! If I only knew it would be worth something 😀

> W98SE . P3 1.4S . 512MB . Q.FX3K . SB Live! . 64GB SSD
>WXP/W8.1 . AMD 960T . 8GB . GTX285 . SB X-Fi . 128GB SSD
> Win XI . i7 12700k . 32GB . GTX1070TI . 512GB NVME

Reply 7 of 46, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
leileilol wrote:

..I want my boobs in games, you prudes.....

I would like that too! Will they be digitized or just sprites replica? 😁

(Hehehe...see what we mean? 😉)

Reply 8 of 46, by MaxWar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Btw Malik, i think this SB driver archive in your signature is a mighty great idea, i myself have a VxD SB live! install cd that i could contribute. I think we need such a driver archive for other non SB sound cards too.

Reply 9 of 46, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
MaxWar wrote:

Btw Malik, i think this SB driver archive in your signature is a mighty great idea, i myself have a VxD SB live! install cd that i could contribute. I think we need such a driver archive for other non SB sound cards too.

Please, do so, MaxWar. And WolverineDK will be more than happy to make mirrors of any uploads. 😀

Reply 10 of 46, by RoyBatty

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

How about a driver archive in general for classics? I have a few cd's myself for video cards.

Yes, I want more ( . Y . ) in my games too!

p.s. HijackThis is a great malware removal tool.

Reply 11 of 46, by retro games 100

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I also have lots of assorted driver disks and CD-ROMs I would like to upload somewhere so that other people can download them for their retro hardware experiments. It would be great if there some "Vogons related" place where this can occur.

Reply 12 of 46, by MaxWar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Is there a place i can upload files and have them stored Forever for free ?

Megaupload and such will eventually delete files unless you sign for the big platinum lifetime membership.

Reply 13 of 46, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Forever is a very long time.

A Skydrive might work. Won't last forever tho. Also there may be filesize limitations.

You can always create a torrent.

Reply 14 of 46, by MaxWar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yeah, forever is a bit strong, humanity is possibly doomed to massive extinction followed by going back to stone age at some point, files will be gone then.

But you know what i meant, for uploading old drivers and linking them here on this forum. It would be cool to have the links alive for a long time. For future generations and such. Torrent would not do.

does WolverineDK has access to platinum (lifetime) megaupload account?

Reply 15 of 46, by jwt27

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
MaxWar wrote:

Is there a place i can upload files and have them stored Forever for free ?

Megaupload and such will eventually delete files unless you sign for the big platinum lifetime membership.

If the files are no larger than 25MB then box.net is what you're looking for.
Files do not get deleted, don't need to wait to download, and free accounts have 5GB total storage.

Reply 16 of 46, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Dropbox works too. You can create a (or more) special account just for that.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 18 of 46, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Mabye Amazon S3 storage? Supposedly not that expensive or possibly have Jason Scott post it here: http://cd.textfiles.com/directory.html