Common searches

ebay haul

Topic actions

First post, by ncmark

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I got a new board off ebay. Asus CUBX (my second) with a celeron 566 (that will be upgraded), one of those golden orb coolers (never had one) and 128 MB of RAM for......................$13 😁

Reply 2 of 8, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Nice, a BX s370 board. Nice also is it's 4 DIMM slots, even though from a practical standpoint it doesn't matter that much though if you have 3 or 4 slots

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 3 of 8, by ncmark

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Even if the board has some problem the RAM alone is worth $13. I am not sure about that golden orb cooler. I'm going to look at that REAL careful - I have never had one but I hear they are a real pain to install

Reply 5 of 8, by sgt76

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
ncmark wrote:

I am not sure about that golden orb cooler. I'm going to look at that REAL careful - I have never had one but I hear they are a real pain to install

Not really, I have one and it clamps on the socket snugly but pretty easily.

Reply 6 of 8, by ratfink

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

bp6.com has instructions for grinding the golden orbs down to fit a... well, a bp6... Can't remember the detail - it might just be because there are 2 cpu sockets and the orbs interfere with each other.

Reply 7 of 8, by ncmark

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Well I got my board - it seems to be in working order 😁

Taking the orb cooler on and off turned out not to be a big deal at all. However, it is LOUD. I am going to be getting another one of those Nexus coolers.

That celeron 533 it came with is giving far better performance than I expected, but it's NOT staying. Probably going to get a 1000 MHz P3.