VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I don't sell off regularly at ebay but once in a while, when I sell, I can't re-list or sell because of some 30-day limit or unable to list certain items again for a given time period to "maintain a safe environment".

Most of what I auction are old hardware and games and sometimes new hardwares. And whatever I auction again, these are the only items I sell, so the block I frequently face is definitely frustrating, especially when I needed the money from the sales.

I know ebay is NOT seller friendly, but whenever I hit such bumps, I really get frustrated in using ebay.

I had a negative feedback by a guy who left a feedback once, even BEFORE he paid me, (and he NEVER did!)..I was literally begging ebay (and also asking ebay HOW could he leave a negative or any feedback even BEFORE he paid) for months before they decided finally that my request for feedback redressal "is warranted" and finally removed the single negative feedback I had. It's a realy pain in the as* when once in a while I sell, and I meet these sort of rascals, and ending up fighitng for it for months in ebay. I DID finally win (wrote a very STRONG, FIRM complaint to ebay), and I even BLACKLISTED the buyer for feedback manipulation.

Anyway, that's another story.

But I don't mind repeating that ebay is NOT Seller Friendly (Not to mention you can't retaliate against unscrupulous and irresponsible buyers, and those noobs who get excited in giving them freedom to leave feedbacks, just like what is being more common nowadays in Android Market's feedbacks.
Irresponsible noobs started taking the ability to leave feedbacks to their own advantage or randomly screw innocent developers (when these buyers/users have never checked for compatibilty or have enough knowledge to use the product/software properly).

So, anywhere you guys/gals sell elsewhere? Where it's a bit more "seller-friendly" than eBay?

Thanks! 😀

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 1 of 6, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

You can check www.amibay.com and see if it suits your needs 😀

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 4 of 6, by MaxWar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

What annoys me with ebay is the obscene amount they charge the sellers through both ebay and payal. Now paypal is also evil but we dont get much choice since ebay will make sure they do not support any other serious fund transfert services such as google checkout, to be sure they can get all the cake for themselves. I think ebay is well made and i like using the site but i dislike paypal and i dislike the attitude of ebay. They are clearly taking advantage of their position as leader.

Reply 5 of 6, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

It's just a matter of time till the word of mouth spreads among the sellers about what is happening at ebay. Now ebay is seeing the "rush" of buyers, which makes it more than happy to cater to these buyers, and keeps taking more measures to please the buyers, since no sales = no commission. But once there are more and more sellers who get annoyed, the amount of items posted at ebay will dwindle. And then, I won't be surprised with ebay marketing strategy to woo in more sellers with campaigns like "New Seller Protection" or "Upgraded Seller Privileges" or something like. And the cycle repeats. 😜

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers