Topic actions

Reply 362 of 468, by Robin4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Did you even read this topic? If you do, you will find some photos, like this:

kO3B6.jpg

The sound generator chips are Philips SA1099P two of them.. The bottom one would be the programmed GAL IC chip.

~ At least it can do black and white~

Reply 363 of 468, by gladders

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I did read the first 3 pages, but it's 19 pages long! If I have missed something vital, sorry 🙁

Anyway, I am not sure what you are telling me with those pictures. I can see the ICs I need, but I am asking for someone to supply me with that GAL chip. Unless you are suggesting I buy and program them myself?

Reply 364 of 468, by moturimi1

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

You do need 2 x Philipps SA1099P, 1 x programmed GAL and a CT1350 with CT1336 Chip. A card with CT1336A Chip does not work correctly as you would not be able to use the Yamaha OPL2 chip for other games! It is dumb

Reply 366 of 468, by moturimi1

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
gladders wrote:

Ah, crud, I think I got the 1336A 🙁 so it's not worth pursuing at all?

If you have one without these chips, do Game Blaster games have zero sound, or just different?

You can use the CT1350 only for gameblaster compability. Just add another soundcard in the system for OPL sound synthesis.
There won't be any problem with address conflicts, at least with the OPL chip at 388. Of course there could be issues with the SB part.

Reply 368 of 468, by carlostex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

If you want a card with both SB, OPL and Game Blaster compatibility you have 3 options. There's the Sound Blaster CT1320, there's the CT1350 ehich you have but you need one with the CT1336 chip, and you have a third party one by ATI, the ATI Stereo F/X. There's also CT50 clones which can or not include sockets for CMS upgrade. Only the CT1350 and clones need a GAL.

Reply 369 of 468, by keenerb

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Can anyone confirm whether a 062398 SB 2.0 1350b will or will not support the CMS upgrade chip?

I'm OK with losing the SB/Adlib functionality, I'm really curious whether the CMS functionality is still there.

Reply 371 of 468, by Megadisk

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I also have an early compatible SB 2.0 CT1350b on its way and I'm in need of at least the programmable PAL/GAL chip. Is there anyone here, perhaps located in the US selling them?
Please let me know and thanks in advance!

Reply 373 of 468, by Robin4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
anthony wrote:

On newer 1350b with 1336a chip it can easily be replaced to 1336. Sb and cms will work ok

Where do you want to find an 1336 IC? Iam bet you dont want to mis-treath an Sound blaster pro 2 for only that chip..

Reply 374 of 468, by anthony

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Robin4 wrote:

Where do you want to find an 1336 IC? Iam bet you dont want to mis-treath an Sound blaster pro 2 for only that chip..

if someone want something very much, he will always find ways to obtain it. you can ask me how to find this particular chip ( i don't mean chip harvesting)

Reply 375 of 468, by TamaMan

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have a CT1350B rev 3 with CT1336.

Can anyone please either provide information where to buy the 3rd (or all 3) chip(s) or sell the chip(s) directly?

Thanks.

Reply 376 of 468, by Robin4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Philips SAA1099 you maybe get them from ebay like the GAL chip also

Just look here:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trk … AA1099&_sacat=0

Reply 377 of 468, by Megadisk

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I need a little bit of help.

I have a compatible SB2.0 card, a TL866CS programmer and I just got a hold of the GAL16V8 chip for the SB CM/S code programming.

Now The TL866 can read, write and erase the GAL chip but after the programming of the SB2.0 CM/S code, once I try to read it back, it displays a totally different code than the one opened, only about 5 or so of the last lines match. What could be the problem? This is the first time I've ever tried to program a GAL so perhaps I'm doing something wrong.

Any ideas? thanks for your reply.

Reply 378 of 468, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I bet you have the "Encrypt Ch" ticked - it's ON by default: that locks the GAL so it can't be read back, remove the tick on the option (bottom right part of the program) and you will see verification works now

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 379 of 468, by Megadisk

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
keropi wrote:

I bet you have the "Encrypt Ch" ticked - it's ON by default: that locks the GAL so it can't be read back, remove the tick on the option (bottom right part of the program) and you will see verification works now

WoW! 😀 looks like that did it!

Thanks a ton!

I'm now only awaiting for the SAA-1099 chips for the test.