Common searches

SB 2.0 CT1350 CMS chips dumped

Topic actions

Reply 141 of 468, by DonutKing

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Unfortunately no, I think the most common ones are CT1350B, but the CT1350B cards with no revision number on them definitely don't work with the Lattice GALs.

If you are squeamish, don't prod the beach rubble.

Reply 144 of 468, by Robin4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I havent tried yet..Because i have enough computers to build here.. Iam almost finished with my pentium II build.
But iam hoping starting soon with my faster win98se machine to play faster games on it.

And i dont have space now for the older systems..
So i dont have programmed chips.

If i know if it will works i will you all let you know.

~ At least it can do black and white~

Reply 145 of 468, by bristlehog

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It would be nice to possess some information on NS chips on CT1350B cards with no revision.

What's the price of NS GALs against Lattice anyway?

Reply 147 of 468, by carlostex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

OK i'm gonna contribute to this too. I just ordered an USB G540 programmer and a couple of NS GAL's. Can someone provide me links to the new and old code so i don't lose any time looking for them?

Reply 148 of 468, by carlostex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Great i order National Semiconductor GAL16V8-25LNC and i end up receiving SGS Thomson GAL16V8S-25QB1. Until i receive the programmer i can't test them.

Reply 149 of 468, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I hope you get it working carlostex , I have a non-rev SB2 too with spare SA chips, I would love to get it working!

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 153 of 468, by carlostex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Let's see, i don't know how will using different GAL's can affect the experience. I just wish the damn programmer comes fast!

EDIT: I just ordered some National Semiconductor GAL's to make the experience as complete as possible.

I ignored Lattice because we already know these will make FM synthesis stop working.

Reply 154 of 468, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Personally I don't really think that changing the GAL manufacturer will solve the issues , but I hope you really succeed carlstex!
Last year I donated a "problematic" sb2 to the person that cracked the code but there wasn't much progress since then IIRC...

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 158 of 468, by carlostex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

OK it seems i'm struggling with the programmer. I've selected the proper GAL, but when i load the JED file a menu called "file formation" appears. Here i left everything default, and after it a menu named FUSE MAP appears. I suspect this FUSE MAP thing should have the binary which corresponds to the correct code. Except everything is at 0. IS it supposed to be like this? Shouldn't the 1's and 0's appear in this MENU just as it is in the .JED file?

The results i get is either system does not pass POST or i get into DOS prompt with loads of graphics artifacts.

Reply 159 of 468, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

that fuse map looks like it's the GAL's configuration fuses: like copy protection on/off and various other stuff...
I have no idea about GALs, DonutKing might answer this one...