Common searches

SB 2.0 CT1350 CMS chips dumped

Topic actions

Reply 160 of 468, by carlostex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Well the fuse map addresses match the code inside the JED file. If you edit the file you'll see "L0000","L0256" and so on with these having sets of binary. So i just manually wrote the fuse map according to the file. Programmed the GAL put it in the card and system now booted with no crashes or visual artifacts.

Loaded the driver and it detected it. Loaded up inertia player and MOD files were playing nicely. Tried some games and absolutely no sound, no CMS no AdLib no Soundblaster.

Reply 164 of 468, by carlostex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The best i could get out of this, was garbled noise from CMS. If i have a GAL installed Sound Blaster and AdLib will be dead. I still need some answers about how to properly program these chips though.

Reply 165 of 468, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

similar to what I was getting: OK CMS but dead sb/adlib...
I hope DK comes to answer us soon 😀

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 167 of 468, by DonutKing

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Sorry guys I'm on holiday in Europe and won't be home talk end of June so i can't plug in my own programmer and try to find out what tone issue is.

I only ever tried Lattice chips but obviously different brand FALls must be programmed differently.

The G540 software is pretty shit though. Make sure you've selected the right type of chip, loaded the JED file and disable protection when you write the chip. If it's protected it will read back all 0's or all 1's.

Also if you have ant remarks or extra lines at the start of the JED file remove them as the software didn't like that.

If you are squeamish, don't prod the beach rubble.

Reply 168 of 468, by carlostex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

OK, now i have something further to try.

Now how do i disable protection? On the software? Programmer? I think i tried to probe the software in my several attempts. I'm selecting the proper chip on the programmer, its a SGS GAL16V8S which is listed on the software.

I won't be happy until i have the same results you did, which was at least the minimum i was convinced i would get. I'm still waiting to receive the National Semiconductor ones which were the ones i believed it would work best.

Thanks DK, if you have more ideas or remember something please let me know. Enjoy your holidays!

Reply 169 of 468, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

code protection is usually an option you check/uncheck... it might be called CP or Protect , anything similar on the program?

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 171 of 468, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Can't you guys do a Skype / Teamviewer session and sort this thing out 😀

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 172 of 468, by carlostex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Good News...

In National Semiconductor we should trust...

So far everything is going fine, CMS, ADLIB, SOUND BLASTER all working without problems...

Need to try more and more games...

Reply 173 of 468, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

oh wow!!!!
excellent news then!!!! thanks for taking the bullet to get to the bottom of this!

Reply 174 of 468, by carlostex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Yeah i'm just sniping some more games as we speak to try.

GAMES tried:

WOLFENSTEIN 3D:
AdLib/Sound Blaster ----OK!!!!

THE SECRET OF MONKEY ISLAND:
Gameblaster -----OK!!!!

TEST DRIVE 3:
Gameblaster -----OK!!!!

4D SPORTS DRIVING/STUNTS:

INDIANA JONES AND THE LAST CRUSADE: THE GRAPHIC ADVENTURE:
Gameblaster -----OK!!!!

LOOM:
Gameblaster -----OK!!!!

THEXDER: FIRE HAWK:
AdLib ----OK!!!!
Gameblaster -----OK!!!!

PAKU PAKU:
AdLib ----OK!!!!
Gameblaster -----OK!!!!

CHUCK YEAGER'S AIR COMBAT:
Gameblaster -----OK!!!!

OPERATION WOLF:
AdLib ----OK!!!!
Gameblaster -----OK!!!!

LAKERS VS CELTICS:
AdLib ----OK!!!!
Gameblaster -----OK!!!!

SILPHEED:
AdLib ----OK!!!!
Gameblaster -----OK!!!!

Last edited by carlostex on 2013-05-10, 13:32. Edited 6 times in total.

Reply 175 of 468, by carlostex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I need to force some games to select CMS/Game Blaster as sound, anyone know how to do this? Because i don't know how to do it for Operation Wolf for instance...

I guess type the executable name and some parameters...

Reply 176 of 468, by Great Hierophant

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
carlostex wrote:

I need to force some games to select CMS/Game Blaster as sound, anyone know how to do this? Because i don't know how to do it for Operation Wolf for instance...

I guess type the executable name and some parameters...

Here is everything that is known about the Game Blaster, including all games and whether they support Sound Blaster or not :

http://nerdlypleasures.blogspot.com/2012/10/a … know-about.html

http://nerdlypleasures.blogspot.com/ - Nerdly Pleasures - My Retro Gaming, Computing & Tech Blog

Reply 177 of 468, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

you can also try Paku Paku, it supports CMS through the /cms launching parameter:
http://www.deathshadow.com/pakuPaku
also monkey island supports it, I think it's: "monkey.exe g"

Reply 179 of 468, by Great Hierophant

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I can't remember Lakers v. Celtics, but for the rest :

Chuck Yeager's Air Combat - CMS command line parameter
Silpheed - Requires version 2.2 or patch. Selected in install program.
Operation Wolf - Delete OPWOLF.CFG to reconfigure install options.

Usually the command line options CMS, GBLAST, GB, GBLASTER, or G will work, depending on the game.

http://nerdlypleasures.blogspot.com/ - Nerdly Pleasures - My Retro Gaming, Computing & Tech Blog