VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 20 of 27, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
feipoa wrote:

Seems like the topic has gotten off-track. I have added this line to the original post,

I you don't have, have never had, or have no interest in such a companion, please replace your wife, girlfriend, or significant other with your mom.

I live alone so....my mom doesn't care. heh.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 21 of 27, by chinny22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

My mum never minded, my mates mum did!
When I 1st got a job as a techie I used to take broken stuff back to my mate who was an electrical engineer. Anything from a power supply to monitors, some he’d fix some cannibalize but whenever his mum saw me she would always say what have you brought round now!

Reply 22 of 27, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

To me, it's quite a varying experience. I had a girlfriend who is rather interested in my hobby - asking questions like "what is FSAA" and "why do you prefer GeForce 6800 instead of the newer 9800" (hint: because the former supports Windows 98). I also had a girlfriend who despises my obsession with old games and old hardware, calling it "totally irresponsible, childish behavior".

Heck, I even got contrasting experiences from the same girlfriend. At first, she was fascinated with computer games, watching me play Quest for Glory 4 1/2 and laughing at the game's humor.

Several weeks later, she was in the shower and inviting me to join her. I replied with "hmmm... a minute..." because I was busy playing Heroes III of Might and Magic. Minutes later, she was in the towel, shivering, and so angry at me because I left her shivering alone in a cold shower.

(on her defense , sharing bodily warmth in a cold shower is something we loved to do, and it was actually my idea to begin with. 🙁 )

Reply 23 of 27, by feipoa

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Aside from camping, the only time I had to take obligatory cold showers was when I stayed with locals in Malaysia (not in a hotel). In fact, I also had to take several cold bucket baths where all the water gets splashed onto the floor. The other option was to use a hose and to also splash water on the floor. I found Malaysia so miserably hot that I had to take 3 bucket/hose baths per day to whip away the bodily sweat. It is so hot there, it didn't really matter that the house didn'tt have hot water -- the "cold" water feels hot. I was jokingly informed that only the sultans could afford real "hot" water.

In terms of female interests in the retro obsession, sometimes people pretend to act interested in the beginning to get you interested in them. Once that stage is over, the interest makes a 180 degree U-turn.

Plan your life wisely, you'll be dead before you know it.

Reply 24 of 27, by sgt76

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

My wife is not into my hobbies yet somehow or other has picked up enough over the years to be able to order a 560ti 448 out of a clump of 560ti non-448s or a set of 16" hydras for my hot rodded volvo! Not that shes into it or even interested but thats how the female brain works.... And i in turn am still stumped at an LV outlet.

Reply 25 of 27, by Robin4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
sgt76 wrote:
DonutKing wrote:

I was actually referring to female or homosexual members with my comment... but I guess people who abstain from relationships are covered by that too 😀

Does being a male lesbian count? 😵

Lookin at your avatar 🤣

~ At least it can do black and white~

Reply 27 of 27, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
feipoa wrote:

Aside from camping, the only time I had to take obligatory cold showers was when I stayed with locals in Malaysia (not in a hotel). In fact, I also had to take several cold bucket baths where all the water gets splashed onto the floor. The other option was to use a hose and to also splash water on the floor. I found Malaysia so miserably hot that I had to take 3 bucket/hose baths per day to whip away the bodily sweat. It is so hot there, it didn't really matter that the house didn'tt have hot water -- the "cold" water feels hot. I was jokingly informed that only the sultans could afford real "hot" water.

*OUT of TOPIC*

Yeah, tell me about it! 🤣

It's hot and rainy throughout the year here. Even now, at midnight here, I'm typing this while bare-chested, WITH the AC on!

But my city is comparatively cooler, since it's situated in a valley, and there is even more rain here throughout the year. Outside temperature is 25ºC now.

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers