VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Sir Newsy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

So I am hoping someone still is on here and will help me out! When ever my brother and I trie to play Sid Meier's Gettysburg multiplayer we cant connect. When I try to host a game via GameRanger and I start the game it loads and then when it gets to loading the Sound files a window pop's up say Microsoft Direct play Helper has stopped working. It does that with bot of our computers. He has a Windows 7 and I have a windows Vista. My xp works fine but then newer computer seem to have that problem. We cant join via the internal multiplayer in the game because we are in diffrent countries and it cant seem to find his computer. So I have been searching along time to find a solution to this problme but have yet to find one. I have installed the v3 patch and the xp patch. They just made the game run but multiplayer wont work. However over a LAN connection my xp and vista can play through the internal game but not through gameranger. And Gameranger is the only way my brother and I can play. So can someone please help me. If you have a solution can you please give it to me in a step by step proccess. I am not the best when it comes to computers! Thank You!

Sir Newsy

Reply 1 of 1, by Druzhina

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

You can have a look at the Windows 7 and Vista installation threads at the Gettysburg Online Society Forum.

The v3 patch and the xp patch overwrite each other so only one will be operative.

Druzhina
SMG downloads

Janissaries Moghul Urs Graf Shahnama