VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I've been thinking on and off about how I had a bunch of BASIC games in the mid-to-late 80s that I've never come across since, and I've been wondering whether anyone else has managed to save these and put them up somewhere?

A couple of specific ones I remember having on an 8MHz 286 clone with MS-DOS 3.21 and a 40MB MFM HDD were:
- A non-interactive demo named "coffee break" that played a song and had a coffee pot with a face on it.
- Some kind of crappy Dr. Who thing (maybe a text adventure game, or another demo?) with a really nice looking CGA intro screen (for the time). Or maybe it was just the intro screen and nothing else?

I think I lost these (and a bunch of other games/demos) in a hard drive crash in the late 80s.

Reply 2 of 4, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Yeah, everyone remembers those because they were included with a much later version of MS-DOS that had QBASIC. The ones I started out with were for GWBASIC 😀

Reply 3 of 4, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

There's Qbasic Games Directory:

http://www.qbasic.com/games

Biggest collection I know of. Everything else is scattered around the internet.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 4 of 4, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Yeah, DOS 5 and... Windows NT I think also?

I teethed on a Tandy TRS-80 CoCo2 at a very young age, but by the time I moved on to DOS, GW BASIC was all but history.

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread