Rank
l33t++

http://www.champ-em.com/index.htm

Reply 1 of 9, by F2bnp

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Hey, I didn't know these guys were actually well known!
I have an old demo disc from 1996 and it contained demo versions of Kong and Galaxian. I have spent a lot of hours on both, awesome work 😁!

Reply 2 of 9, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I knew them from when Champ Kong demo was given in a diskette with a magazine that was sold here , awesome games ... 😁

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 3 of 9, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

...Really, is there some reason you can't just put "Champ-Em" in your subject line instead of "these" ?

And sure, I remember them. I don't think arcade emulation was quite as feasible then as it is now; there also seem to be many more ways to hook up old digital joysticks nowadays.

Reply 4 of 9, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Jorpho wrote:

...Really, is there some reason you can't just put "Champ-Em" in your subject line instead of "these" ?

And sure, I remember them. I don't think arcade emulation was quite as feasible then as it is now; there also seem to be many more ways to hook up old digital joysticks nowadays.

Yes, because the word "these" makes people curious to see what the thread is about.

Reply 5 of 9, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
sliderider wrote:
Jorpho wrote:

Yes, because the word "these" makes people curious to see what the thread is about.

But if you used "Champ-em" instead of "these", people could satisfy their curiosity by looking at the index and not have to click on the thread to find out. That's what the index is there for.

If everyone wrote subject lines like "Did you guys know about these?" or "New Stuff" or "A Question" or "Hello", then subject lines would be useless.

I'll shut up now.

Reply 9 of 9, by Gemini000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

This stuff is intriguing... I may have to do an ADG episode on these games at some point. ;)

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)
--- Pixelmusement Website: www.pixelships.com
--- Ancient DOS Games Webshow: www.pixelships.com/adg