VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by shawn186

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey guys, new to your amazing site. I am looking for drivers compatible with my CT4170 Sound Blaster Vibra16x ISA card(16bit). Specifically a TSR program some people are talking about, that remaps the MPU-401 port to the required 310h, which is not available in an original sound blaster 16 install programs. Although CTCM does pick it up on 310h, it doesn't function as the driver. Any help would be greatly appreciated. On another note, I was wondering if you were going to recover the files that were posted in the original posting, would like to same some of them myself. Thanks for your time.

Respecfully,
Shawn186

Reply 1 of 2, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Hi Shawn186. We're in the process of moving the files to www.vogonsdrivers.com. You can visit there for drivers. All the links will be updated once all the files are moved.

As for the TSR, I guess you have tried the following?

1. Enter CTCU.
2. Choose a different configuration number like 1 or 2 (in the drop-down box) beside the MIDI port to enable different port selection like that 310h.
3. Save the config when exiting.
4. Now initialize the card by using CTCM.

Hopefully you have used CTCU before CTCM.

Or you can install the low level drivers in config.sys (which will take more memory).

If you still can't get it to work, you can let us know the systems specs and for what program/game you are trying to change the MIDI port.

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 2 of 2, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
shawn186 wrote:

Hey guys, new to your amazing site. I am looking for drivers compatible with my CT4170 Sound Blaster Vibra16x ISA card(16bit). Specifically a TSR program some people are talking about, that remaps the MPU-401 port to the required 310h, which is not available in an original sound blaster 16 install programs. Although CTCM does pick it up on 310h, it doesn't function as the driver. Any help would be greatly appreciated. On another note, I was wondering if you were going to recover the files that were posted in the original posting, would like to same some of them myself. Thanks for your time.

Respecfully,
Shawn186

Check out my tutorial on how to get PnP Sound Blaster cards going under DOS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9GSYgarPs4

For you just focus on Part 3 which covers reconfiguring the resources.