VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 20 of 56, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I recall this CD. I don't own one, but I did know someone who had it and he let me create an ISO image from it before returning him his CD. It's the Dutch version however, so probably not of much use to you.

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 21 of 56, by Jawie

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Jorpho,
Okay I was asking you if you could make an .ISO image because you said this:

I have one of those too. I was debating whether to put it up on eBay. (After all, it says "Not For Resale" on it.)

Indeed, folks have picked it apart and there is little reason I can see why not to go with one of the unofficial Service Packs when it comes to Win9x.

Reply 22 of 56, by telanus

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Tetrium wrote:

I recall this CD. I don't own one, but I did know someone who had it and he let me create an ISO image from it before returning him his CD. It's the Dutch version however, so probably not of much use to you.

It would interest me, as I've got 2 PC's running Dutch versions of Windows. (en ja ek weet ek is nie nederlands nie maar die moeilik om Afrikaanse weergawes van Windows te kry)

Reply 23 of 56, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
telanus wrote:
Tetrium wrote:

It would interest me, as I've got 2 PC's running Dutch versions of Windows. (en ja ek weet ek is nie nederlands nie maar die moeilik om Afrikaanse weergawes van Windows te kry)

I'll see what I can do. First I need to see where I put the .iso file and then I'll need to find myself a good upload site (preferably one where I don't need to register). Got any recommendations?
I also once downloaded all updates for Windows ME (Dutch) from Microsoft. Been thinking about putting those online somewhere also (in a .zip file or similar of course!).

A good alternative however (and it's been mentioned before in this thread) for 98SE is to use the unofficial service pack. The last version in Dutch was 2.0a iirc.

Edit:I found a link to the Dutch version of the service pack. It's located on this page. Then do a search for the word "Dutch" and it should bring you to the download link.

Unfortunately, a Dutch service pack for ME was never made, but I used the English service pack for ME on a Dutch ME once. It turned my Dutch ME into a Dutch/English hybrid 🤣, but it did work to some extend (not thoroughly tested)

Report spammers here!

Reply 24 of 56, by telanus

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Tetrium wrote:

need to see where I put the .iso file and then I'll need to find myself a good upload site (preferably one where I don't need to register). Got any recommendations?

sendspace is nice if it's under 300mb (and over just split it with compressing software)

Reply 25 of 56, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
telanus wrote:
Tetrium wrote:

need to see where I put the .iso file and then I'll need to find myself a good upload site (preferably one where I don't need to register). Got any recommendations?

sendspace is nice if it's under 300mb (and over just split it with compressing software)

That should do nicely for the ME updates, but iirc the ISO was bigger and I'd rather not split things up. I'd prefer to keep things as 1 simple download

Report spammers here!

Reply 26 of 56, by telanus

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Tetrium wrote:
telanus wrote:
Tetrium wrote:

That should do nicely for the ME updates, but iirc the ISO was bigger and I'd rather not split things up. I'd prefer to keep things as 1 simple download

There is http://www.speedyshare.com/

Reply 27 of 56, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
telanus wrote:
Tetrium wrote:
telanus wrote:

There is http://www.speedyshare.com/

Thanks! That looks interesting!

So you want the Dutch security CD, the Dutch Windows ME updates, or both?
Mahh, I think I'll just upload both. I'll see where I put the files when I have more time.

Edit:I started uploading the ME windows updates directory, but forgot to put "Dutch" into the filename, so be warned, these are the Dutch Windows ME updates!. I started with the ME updates instead of the security CD because of it's smaller size.
I'll make a new post once I'm done uploading both of them (will be in roughly an hour or so I presume) and will provide a link to both the Dutch ME updates and the Dutch Security CD.

Report spammers here!

Reply 28 of 56, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Download link for the Dutch ME updates is here.
Download link for the Dutch Internet Security CD is here.

The Security CD is basically the ISO file. The ME updates I basically just did because well...I got around to it. And it's just what I downloaded years ago from the Microsoft site using Windows Update on Windows ME (which supposedly no longer works, if I read correctly. And the downloads are provided as-is)

Enjoy 😉

Report spammers here!

Reply 33 of 56, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Perhaps now you would be interested in letting us in on the big secret as to why nothing less than the full ISO would possibly meet your needs?

I did find a complete list of files on the CD at http://alt.2600.narkive.com/tS0aDsGt/microsoft-freebies .

Reply 34 of 56, by Jawie

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I found the ISO! I've created a torrent for it. For those who are interested, you can check it out here:
https://torcache.net/torrent/DAC8FEB915CB9AF2 … .torrent?title=[kat.ph]windows.security.updates.february.2004
I will seed basically everyday from 2PM-12AM! (Sometimes 8AM-12AM)

Reply 36 of 56, by Robin4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Anyone knows where i can get the ISO file of this Update CD-ROM?

Would it maybe handy to upload it to vogonsdrivers.com.

I have seen a lot of hosting providers that are cleaning there servers.

~ At least it can do black and white~

Reply 37 of 56, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Robin4 wrote:

Anyone knows where i can get the ISO file of this Update CD-ROM?

Would it maybe handy to upload it to vogonsdrivers.com.

I have seen a lot of hosting providers that are cleaning there servers.

Robin4, I just replied to your other thread and already mentioned the stuff I uploaded was probably already gone.

I should still have all the stuff I uploaded but I'm not sure where the drives are that have these stuff thingies stored so it may take at least a few days (I'm busy tomorrow, maybe this weekend?).

But perhaps someone else still has this stuff and has faster access? 😀

Edit: If I find the ISO, I'd be perfectly willing to upload all relevant stuff to Vogonsdrivers 😁

Edit2: Just noticed someone else here uploaded an English version, I don't know which version you are looking for 😀
I'm not sure I have the English version of this ISO, I think I missed this thread when it was uploaded and the link added here.

Report spammers here!

Reply 38 of 56, by Dreamer_of_the_past

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

How does the CD actually look? It should have been uploaded on Vogonsdrivers a long time ago. It will only benefit the retro PC community.

Last edited by Dreamer_of_the_past on 2015-12-11, 03:27. Edited 1 time in total.