VOGONS

Common searches

Humour Thread: Outrageously priced retro gear for sale online

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 420 of 1353, by JidaiGeki

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
obobskivich wrote:

How about $2500 for a P3 system?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/221619003478

In fairness, the opening bidding price of $100 is pretty good for what you get - what with the price of 5.25" drives and all the other bits and pieces ... biggest turn off would be that he's selling it elsewhere which makes the auction farcical. If I was in Colorado, that is 🤣

Reply 422 of 1353, by Unknown_K

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
borgie83 wrote:
obobskivich wrote:
A dollar a year since the birth of Christ, +/- $500. :lol: […]
Show full quote
King_Corduroy wrote:

I like that he took the time to mention in the title "With Microsoft Office 2000". 🤣

WOW SUCH A DEAL! 😜

A dollar a year since the birth of Christ, +/- $500. 🤣

He also has you covered for beverages...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/221483656654

Not sure how I feel about 15 year old Coca-Cola...it probably beats 16 year old Coca-Cola though. 😵

15yo Coke + P3 PC = Era correct! Who wouldn't want to drink an old coke whilst playing their old PC?

Throw in a 15 year old Mc DLT and you probably have a deal. Not sure which would taste worse.

Collector of old computers, hardware, and software

Reply 424 of 1353, by CelGen

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

What a great deal for only $200000.

Touch screen works with amazing accuracy.

Well it is a Wacom so no wonder it works so well.

Untethered stylus to write on pen-enabled screen - works

Again, it's a Wacom.

Battery pack included for demo purpose - does not hold the charge.

Deal breaker right there folks.

One of the first advanced notebooks on the market in 1994-1995

Too bad that GRiD was making convertible tablets in 1992. They look much better too.

The 360P supports pen based applications in 1994 !

Again, GRiD had you beat.

emot-science.gif "It's science. I ain't gotta explain sh*t" emot-girl.gif

Reply 427 of 1353, by bristlehog

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Artex wrote:
How about a haunted Macbook? […]
Show full quote

How about a haunted Macbook?

Current bid - $3700.00.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HAUNTED-2007-Apple-Ma … D-/231475293155

😵 😵 😵

$5100 already! All the ebay exorcists must have bet on it!

Hardware comparisons and game system requirements: https://technical.city

Reply 428 of 1353, by borgie83

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Artex wrote:
How about a haunted Macbook? […]
Show full quote

How about a haunted Macbook?

Current bid - $3700.00.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HAUNTED-2007-Apple-Ma … D-/231475293155

😵 😵 😵

Current bid: $5100. What's wrong with people?

I'd love to see the buyers face when this laptop arrives and nothing "ghostly" occurs at all.

Reply 429 of 1353, by Sutekh94

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'd imagine that the person selling that "haunted" MacBook might be slightly wrong in the head. Or looking for an easy way to get lots of $$$. Or both. Who knows?

That one vintage computer enthusiast brony.
My YouTube | My DeviantArt

Reply 430 of 1353, by borgie83

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Sutekh94 wrote:

I'd imagine that the person selling that "haunted" MacBook might be slightly wrong in the head. Or looking for an easy way to get lots of $$$. Or both. Who knows?

Could be but I do have to also point out the old saying "There's no cure for stupid".

I mean, a ghost that doesn't know how to use a computer so writes letters instead but knows how to download music from iTunes? 🤣

I should also clarify that I'm calling both the buyer and seller stupid. The seller for contradicting himself whilst being an arse for trying to take advantage of people's stupidity and the buyer for believing it in the first place.

Reply 432 of 1353, by carlostex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Artex wrote:

Does eBay "buyer protection" kick in when the buyer complains that it's... (wait for it...)... not haunted? 😒

There's enough people in the world who believe in this kind of crap so i wouldn't be surprised if such a thing would happen...

Reply 434 of 1353, by Artex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
borgie83 wrote:

@Artex, totally off topic but your profile pic makes me want to pull out The Never Ending Story. Been years since I watched it.

YES!!! I watch it from time to time... In my mind the kids movies of today still can't compete with this one. The story, the music, the costumes, cheesy special effects (without CGI)... all so good for its time!

My Retro B:\ytes YouTube Channel & Retro Collection
LihnlZ.jpg

Reply 435 of 1353, by borgie83

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Artex wrote:
borgie83 wrote:

@Artex, totally off topic but your profile pic makes me want to pull out The Never Ending Story. Been years since I watched it.

YES!!! I watch it from time to time... In my mind the kids movies of today still can't compete with this one. The story, the music, the costumes, cheesy special effects (without CGI)... all so good for its time!

Couldn't agree more! I'll always have a soft spot for 80's movies. Labyrinth, The Dark Crystal, Legend, Bill and Ted, Blade Runner, Flash Gordon, Masters of the Universe, Terminator and many more. Don't make them how they used to.

Reply 436 of 1353, by Artex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
borgie83 wrote:
Artex wrote:
borgie83 wrote:

Couldn't agree more! I'll always have a soft spot for 80's movies. Labyrinth, The Dark Crystal, Legend, Bill and Ted, Blade Runner, Flash Gordon, Masters of the Universe, Terminator and many more. Don't make them how they used to.

You got it!! LOVE all those too! Brings me back....

By the way - that haunted laptop listing is dead (no pun intended). 😵
"This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing."

My Retro B:\ytes YouTube Channel & Retro Collection
LihnlZ.jpg

Reply 438 of 1353, by 5u3

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hmmm, maybe I should try to sell off my hanging-note sound blasters...

"Here I sell my haunted Sound Blaster 16. It's working fine, but whenever I play DOOM with MIDI, I hear tormented souls screaming in the background!" 🤣