VOGONS

Common searches

Humour Thread: Outrageously priced retro gear for sale online

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 21 of 1353, by ProfessorProfessorson

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
keropi wrote:

you can relist for as long as you want on eBay, you only get charged when the item sales

If you are not a power seller then typically you are going to be stuck with a initial listing fee for both the auction and the BIN price regardless of if the item sales, unless they run a special, which they do sometimes.

Reply 22 of 1353, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
ProfessorProfessorson wrote:
keropi wrote:

you can relist for as long as you want on eBay, you only get charged when the item sales

If you are not a power seller then typically you are going to be stuck with a initial listing fee for both the auction and the BIN price regardless of if the item sales, unless they run a special, which they do sometimes.

Nope, they only charge you when the item sells.

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 23 of 1353, by ProfessorProfessorson

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
keropi wrote:
keropi wrote:

Nope, they only charge you when the item sells.

Do you sell on ebay? I do. I am a power seller. I would like to think I know something about ebays fee process since I have been dealing with them for 10 years or so.
http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/fees.html

"When you list an item on eBay, you're charged an insertion fee. If the item sells, you're also charged a final value fee. The basic cost of selling an item is the insertion fee plus the final value fee.

The basic fee structure depends on the type of listing—auction-style or fixed price format—you use.

All fees are in US dollars.
"

The insertion fee applies whether your item sells or not.

Last edited by ProfessorProfessorson on 2012-03-13, 07:35. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 25 of 1353, by ProfessorProfessorson

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
keropi wrote:
ProfessorProfessorson , don't be so fast to judge ppl and quote me a bunch of eBay policies in bold. YES I sell on eBAY and YES […]
Show full quote

ProfessorProfessorson , don't be so fast to judge ppl and quote me a bunch of eBay policies in bold.
YES I sell on eBAY and YES they NEVER charged me unless the item is sold.
Even now I am on my 5th BIN re-list of an unneeded game and there is no charge at all for me.
So as you can see I too would like to think I know something about ebays fee process ...

Whatever is going on with you has nothing to do with anyone else here in North America or elsewhere, so you shouldn't be flat out telling people there are no fees when there is. If they don't require anyone in Greece to pay listing fees, lucky you, it doesn't apply to anyone here however, or anywhere else as far as I am aware, except on specials or due to power seller status, which I currently enjoy.

Reply 26 of 1353, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Do you sell on ebay? I do. I am a power seller. I would like to think I know something about ebays fee process since I have been dealing with them for 10 years or so.

Then surely you're familiar with the free re-list policy?

"When you list an item on eBay, you're charged an insertion fee. If the item sells, you're also charged a final value fee. The basic cost of selling an item is the insertion fee plus the final value fee."

The insertion fee applies whether your item sells or not.

I'll see your rule quoting, and raise you the following:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/questions/free-relist.html

What is the free relist policy?
Normally, insertion fees for listing your item are non-refundable. However, if your listing ends without a winning buyer or with an unpaid item, you can qualify for a credit if you meet certain requirements.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/relist.html#requirements

Getting credited for the insertion fee

We automatically issue an insertion fee credit to your account if your relisting qualifies—you don't have to request it. If your relisted item sells, the credit is posted to your seller account as long as your listing meets the following requirements:

- Only the first relisting of an item is eligible. Subsequent relistings of the same item don't qualify.

- Both the original listing and the relisting must be in auction-style format.

- Fixed price, Classified Ad, and Real Estate listing formats aren't eligible for relisting credits.

- Both the original listing and the relisting must be for a single quantity, and not multiple items.

- You must relist the item within 90 days of the closing date of the original listing.

- You must use the Relist feature in My eBay to receive the insertion fee credit. If you copy and paste the content of the original listing into a new listing, you won't receive a credit.

- The starting price for the relisted item can't be greater than that of the original listing.

- The relisted item must not have a reserve price if the original listing didn't have one. If the original listing had a reserve price, the relisted item's reserve price can't be greater than that of the original listing.

- The relisted item must end with a winning buyer. If the item doesn't sell the second time, the insertion fee is not refunded.

It's true that you aren't charged a final value fee until the item sells, but it's also true that you are charged for re-listings, unless it sells on the first re-listing.

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 27 of 1353, by ProfessorProfessorson

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
SquallStrife wrote:

Then surely you're familiar with the free re-list policy?

Actually, since I have been a power seller, that has kinda not been a concern for me, but yeah, I was aware of it. I've seen people griping about it only covering the initial relist insert fee, not the original one. I cant say anything positive or negative about it because its a feature I don't need to take advantage of currently. And yeah, its about moot unless the item sells on the first relist. It doesn't really help anyone who continues to list stuff that will never sell, like the items posted in this thread.

Reply 28 of 1353, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

meh, I deleted my previous post (although ProfessorProfessorson quoted it) in good faith that this fees discussion ends since it is irrelevant to the topic... eBay might have other "rules" worldwide, or have events or even allowing you some free listings if you are not a scarce seller... don't know - don't care tbh since I didn't ever got charged unless my item is sold.

Back on topic, it is indisputable that you pay the BIN percentage after the item is sold. So if you were in some monkey business I doubt you would care if you pre-pay the listing fee of some 5$ 😉

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 29 of 1353, by Jan3Sobieski

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I'm not sure why anyone hasn't brought this up, but for the past several months ebay has been running a promotion where the first 50 items you list in a month are free to post, including BIN. Maybe that's why keropi isn't being charged for his auctions.

Reply 31 of 1353, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

That's awesome!

The list price is too much for what it is, but I think the shipping's probably about right. The system, a CRT monitor, laser printer, and all those books and disks, would be extremely heavy.

Reply 33 of 1353, by BigBodZod

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

You know you can easily shrink wrap items with the correct plastic wrap and a hair dryer 😉

Yeah, how about an old Quantum Link Diskette, it's a flippy diskette on 5.25 inch for both the C64 and Atari 8-bit.

I'll let it go for next to nothing, you pay the proceesing and handling of $995.00 (USD) and it's yours 😜

No matter where you go, there you are...

Reply 35 of 1353, by feipoa

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Looking at the human shadow on that MS-DOS package, you can see what looks to be a monster-sized camera. Judging by the glare on the top left of the photo, she obviously doesn't know how to use the camera. For $4000, I'd at least expect a good quality photo.

Plan your life wisely, you'll be dead before you know it.

Reply 36 of 1353, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
feipoa wrote:

Looking at the human shadow on that MS-DOS package, you can see what looks to be a monster-sized camera. Judging by the glare on the top left of the photo, she obviously doesn't know how to use the camera.

We serious amateur photographers call them "dentist wives". (dentist, surgeon, lawyer, whatever)

They have enough wads of cash to go into a camera store and say "one 'best everything' please!" then get home and set it all on auto and can't figure out why their pictures still look shitty.

Meanwhile we mere mortals have to save for months to buy a decent body or lens, which will have to last us till it falls apart.

</rant>

Reply 37 of 1353, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Yeah, don't believe a "shrink-wrapped box". (But that Dos 3.3 does look authentic though.)

I once got two games boxed and "factory" sealed. But after tearing open the "factory seal", inside was a backup floppy disk and the original disk was nowhere. Fortunately at least the original manual was present. To make it worse, the inner plastic was a holder for those C64 cassettes!! This was the PC version of Colorado I'm talking about. Can't remember what was the other game. (Both were sold cheap, though.)

And about the ebay listing fee, I'm not a power seller and I only list occassionally at US website, but like keropi, I'm only charged when an item sells. No re-listing fees too.

And SquallStrife, I don't know why but lady dentists are either beautiful or gorgeous or both. Just don't know why. Maybe those on whom my eyes fell upon do look...uh..pleasing. 😁

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 39 of 1353, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
SquallStrife wrote:

I don't mean wives who are dentists... I mean the wives of dentists.

And it's not to say they're stupid or anything, they just tend to be spend-happy.

Right. I actually meant the real lady dentists. 😁

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers