VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by johnbear

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Howdy,

I'm going mad trying to remember the name of an old DOS game; it wasn't a game so much as it was a VGA kids painting program. It had a selection of pre-made black and white scenes, and you could choose from a VGA palette to fill the colours in yourself.

It had some MOD style dance music playing in the background (the music is why I'm trying to hunt this thing down, as I remember liking it). The version we had was shareware, and when you quit, a voice sang "Don't forget to register your share-ware, don't you know it shows us that you care!"

Does anyone have any clues? The only reference I can find online is this rather random forum thread, which mentions the shareware ditty, but I can't find anything to do with "Bill Board's Colouring Box" online, other than that thread...

Someone, please, save my sanity 😉

Cheers,

John

Reply 2 of 7, by johnbear

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for the list shspvr!

I had a look and it wasn't Kid Pix, Magic Crayon (although it was exactly that style of program) or Snap Dragon.

I couldn't find screenshots or downloads for Discover Painting Kids version, Kids Coloring Book or Coloring World Children, so it still could be one of those.

It it helps at all, I believe the shareware copy we had came on the cover-floppy from a UK PC mag in the early 90s, and the music that was playing in the background was definitely MOD based (not midi or PC speaker).

Thanks for your help!

Reply 3 of 7, by shspvr

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Then may want to try look up Dos Shareware or look for old Shareware CDRom other are FTP, Try check out Garbo Anonymous FTP Archive, os2bbs, sorry used be some big major archive site but all gone like Winsite, Shareware.com, Simtel (Walnut Creek CDROM) so find old dos abandonware archive is going be a real pain.
I have a few from CDRom from 1992 on up I take look at them

Discover Painting Kids
http://up.arabsgate.com/u/3200/1968/14733.jpg
Kids Coloring Book
http://www.downloadpipe.com/s/coloring-colour … res-1299948.jpg

Reply 7 of 7, by johnbear

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I did, and it was indeed Bill Board's Colouring Book that I was looking for - you're the best!

If anyone else is ever looking for the music from this program, it's a mod called "Gumminoppis", by Tip of Dual Crew 😀