Common searches

Did anyone see this on eBay?

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 34, by feipoa

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Did you look at the second image? It has a Dallas chip. You can desolder it and put in a socket.

Last edited by feipoa on 2012-06-30, 04:33. Edited 1 time in total.

Plan your life wisely, you'll be dead before you know it.

Reply 24 of 34, by feipoa

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Thank you. Could you let me know what RAM you are using and which Advanced Chipset BIOS settings you've setup.

Reply 25 of 34, by Chewhacca

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

This seems to be the memory i'm using: http://www.alldatasheet.com/view.jsp?sSearchw … =KM416C1204AJ-6
Just a pair of 8MB EDO sticks. They are Samsung and have a sticker on them that says "SEC KMM5322204AW-6; KOREA 9631 H"

The CMOS setting I'm using are just the optimal defaults. (The RTC battery is dead.)

Reply 26 of 34, by feipoa

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Interesting... I'll check my solder work and try putting 256KB of cache back in.

You should desolder your RTC and put in a RTC socket with a new RTC.

Reply 28 of 34, by feipoa

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
feipoa wrote:

Interesting... I'll check my solder work and try putting 256KB of cache back in.

Well, it wasn't my solder job that was the problem. I swapped out the 15 ns cache for 10 ns cache and no more HIMEM errors. It is possible that the 15 ns modules weren't making great contact with the DIP or that this board is very particular about cache speed for the 512 KB configuration.

My main gripe now with this board is that the BIOS seems to be PS/2 mouse unaware. Be careful not to plug in the ps/2 cable backwards! I thought maybe the manual had reversed the pins, and that is why the mouse wasn't working, so I flipped my cable around, powered up, and saw what I thought was smoke. Since I was specifically watching/smelling for smoke, I was able to power down within 1 second. Everything seems to work still.

I just can't figure why Shuttle put PS/2 headers on all revisions of the HOT-433 but never implemented its function. Did they run out of flash space in the BIOS?

Reply 29 of 34, by jmrydholm

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Check these out:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_nkw=3dfx&_sac … wiredforservice

Only $146 for Voodoo cards!! I got five, maybe I should sell them and pay off one of my credit cards 🤣

Edit: whoops! Sorry guys, meant to post in the Outrageously priced retro gear Humor thread.

"The height of strategy, is to attack your opponent’s strategy” -Sun Tzu
“Make your fighting stance, your everyday stance and make your everyday stance, your fighting stance.” - Musashi
SET BLASTER = A220 I5 D1 T3 P330 E620 OMG WTF BBQ

Reply 30 of 34, by feipoa

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Yes, please repost to the other thread. This topic has nothing to do with the HOT-433 v4. Btw, all items from that particular seller are ridiculously priced.

Reply 31 of 34, by ncmark

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

There was a guy in Russia on there selling an Asus 486 board with a SIS chipset - one of the nicest 486 boards I have seen - for a reasonable price, but I have pretty much decided not to pursue a 486...

Reply 32 of 34, by feipoa

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
ncmark wrote:

There was a guy in Russia on there selling an Asus 486 board with a SIS chipset - one of the nicest 486 boards I have seen - for a reasonable price, but I have pretty much decided not to pursue a 486...

Saw that, but did you check his shipping prices? Ouch!

Reply 33 of 34, by MaxWar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/MIDIMAN-MM-401-Midi-In … =item3f1a4a5532

Could turn out to be a nice deal for someone ( European especially ) looking for a good MPU-401 clone.

FM sound card comparison on a Grand Scale!!
The Grand OPL3 Comparison Run.

Reply 34 of 34, by ncmark

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
feipoa wrote:
ncmark wrote:

Saw that, but did you check his shipping prices? Ouch!

Yeah I did - the shipping was as expensive as the board. Still, it would have been cheaper than the $200 I see some board being sold for.