VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by coppercitymt

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Anyone know of any good places to buy boxed copy's of games? E-bay is often very pricey. Looking for full retail boxed copy's. Any good sites or places would be very helpful. Thanks!

Reply 1 of 8, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

AmiBay forum has the occasional pc games deal once in a while , but other than that and eBay I haven't found any other source...
since you are in the US you might want to check these "thrift" stores I hear about, they hide treasures 🤣 , I am sure a us-based member will enlighten you on them (we don't have them here)

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 2 of 8, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

http://www.cdaccess.com . Their prices are also kind of high, unfortunately; if you want something cheap, thrift stores like Goodwill and the Salvation Army are indeed the way to go.

P.S. http://theoatmeal.com/comics/apostrophe

Reply 3 of 8, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

You don't have anything like that or the salvation army in Greece? I'm always going hunting at the big Caritas Store in Austria (Caritas is something like the Salvation Army in Germany and Austria). People bring their old used stuff there and the Caritas sells it very cheap. I found a lot of boxes gems there and only payed 1-3 Euros for each game.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 4 of 8, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

@Dominus

there are such "fairs" here too but only in the 2 big cities (Athens/Thesalloniki) , in my area we have nothing similar ... unfortunately 🙁 (and the big town fairs are raided by certain individuals that re-sell the stuff overpriced via forums, it sucks)

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 5 of 8, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Oh, I see. That's bad. Since I live in Vienna I tend to forget that smaller towns don't necessarily have those stores or not even in the area. Sorry.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 6 of 8, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

yeah we are used to it... nothing to be sorry about 🤣 nowdays I don't even bother looking on local stores for caps/components/"exotic stuff" ... I just order from eBay and wait the mandatory 2 weeks 🤣

Reply 8 of 8, by coppercitymt

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for the tips, I hit the thrift stores monthly and don't seem to run across many boxed games, I have had luck at an estate sales. But for now Ebay seems to the be the winner. Thanks