Common searches

First post, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

You will be able to soon.

http://delorean.com/sales/

It kind of reminds me of a segment I saw on Top Gear where there's a company in England that will take your '75-'96 Jaguar XJS and rebuild it with re-engineered components that fix all the problems that the car came with from the factory and make it perform and handle like a more modern car.

Reply 1 of 12, by sgt76

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

There's plenty of companies in the UK that offer rebuilt classics- with so many new parts that they're virtually new cars- or outright new cars built using the original tooling. One of the longest running, don't know whether they're still around though- was a company building new Jaguar MkIIs, with modern features, incl XJR6 supercharged engines. They cost as much as a new 540i back then, with no shortage of takers.

My favourite though is a restorer named Mark Cosovich, who specializes in Merc W123 models. Look him up. There was a similar restorer specializing in the same model in the States, but I can't seem to find him now.

Of course, this is very subjective and depends on your own tastes, country etc, but for me, there's nothing like the old German cars.

Reply 2 of 12, by jmrydholm

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I've already got my used one. 😁 I've put so much into it, I think I'll keep it. It's like Luke Skywalker and his old X-Wing, sure it's a piece of junk, but you love it anyway!

Edit: (I would honestly appreciate a Stage-II turbo engine upgrade though. She could also use a new speedometer/odometer, mine stopped recording mileage.)

"The height of strategy, is to attack your opponent’s strategy” -Sun Tzu
“Make your fighting stance, your everyday stance and make your everyday stance, your fighting stance.” - Musashi
SET BLASTER = A220 I5 D1 T3 P330 E620 OMG WTF BBQ

Reply 3 of 12, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
sgt76 wrote:

There's plenty of companies in the UK that offer rebuilt classics- with so many new parts that they're virtually new cars- or outright new cars built using the original tooling. One of the longest running, don't know whether they're still around though- was a company building new Jaguar MkIIs, with modern features, incl XJR6 supercharged engines. They cost as much as a new 540i back then, with no shortage of takers.

My favourite though is a restorer named Mark Cosovich, who specializes in Merc W123 models. Look him up. There was a similar restorer specializing in the same model in the States, but I can't seem to find him now.

Of course, this is very subjective and depends on your own tastes, country etc, but for me, there's nothing like the old German cars.

That's not too bad. I always liked the 240 and 300 series diesels and turbo diesels and there are a lot of them still around. I wonder just how much better than new they are after one of his rebuilds.

Reply 5 of 12, by jmrydholm

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

She's worth it. Besides, I actually use my coffee grinder for coffee grinding 🤣

“Make your fighting stance, your everyday stance and make your everyday stance, your fighting stance.” - Musashi

Reply 6 of 12, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
sliderider wrote:

You will be able to soon.

http://delorean.com/sales/

It kind of reminds me of a segment I saw on Top Gear where there's a company in England that will take your '75-'96 Jaguar XJS and rebuild it with re-engineered components that fix all the problems that the car came with from the factory and make it perform and handle like a more modern car.

Remake huh?

It seems car enthusiasts are luckier than us hardware enthusiast. Now, if there is someone out there that would remake an MPU-401 interface card....

Reply 8 of 12, by sgt76

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman wrote:

Remake huh?

It seems car enthusiasts are luckier than us hardware enthusiast. Now, if there is someone out there that would remake an MPU-401 interface card....

Yeah, and rebuilt or new 3dfx cards, s7/8/370/ Slot 1/ A/ 462/478 etc motherboards, refurbished/ new classic cases like the Chieftec Dragon/ CM ATC 100/ Enlight 7207/ ATX 1.0 psus etc....

Reply 11 of 12, by jmrydholm

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Our venerable, still-in-business Dealer made an electrical one in 2011:

http://delorean.com/2011/10/electric-delorean/

I'd hate to keep charging it, my regular car battery weakens if I let it sit in the hot, MO sun too long. That steel gets verrrry warm! Burned my hands on it before numerous times.

Reply 12 of 12, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
jmrydholm wrote:

Our venerable, still-in-business Dealer made an electrical one in 2011:

http://delorean.com/2011/10/electric-delorean/

I'd hate to keep charging it, my regular car battery weakens if I let it sit in the hot, MO sun too long. That steel gets verrrry warm! Burned my hands on it before numerous times.

That's why you need Mr. Fusion.