VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by feipoa

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Recently, after running the quake II timedemo1, I get "Disruptor died" on the screen when the timedemo finishes. The console then shows "Disruptor died, Server was killed". Unfortunately, it does not show the frames per second, even though the timedemo finished.

Does anyone know what this means and how to get Quake II to display the fps again?

I recently got a Jan S. modified BIOS for my i430TX board (MII 4.0x and K6-2/3+ support) and was testing my Cyrix MII out at 83x4.0 (333 MHz). Every benchmark worked fine, except for Quake II. Even the 262 MHz MII speed now shows "Disruptor died" in Quake II, when before it gave a fps speed. I tried the old motherboard BIOS and reinstalling Quake II, but still get "Disruptor died". Any ideas?

Plan your life wisely, you'll be dead before you know it.

Reply 2 of 6, by feipoa

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Any ideas on how to get the benchmark working again? This issue has road blocked all progress on the Ultimate 686 Benchmark Comparison.

Last edited by feipoa on 2012-05-15, 07:54. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 3 of 6, by noshutdown

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

the correct way to perform a quake2 demo benchmark is:

s_initsound 0
snd_restart
timedemo 1
demomap demo1.dm2

did you do it a different way?
and try crusher.dm2 too.

Reply 5 of 6, by feipoa

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Issue resolved. I had forgot the space between the "timedemo" and the "1"

I run the benchmark at the console as follows,

timedemo 1
map demo1.dm2
["Dup connect received" - nothing happens, so I press: ]
ESC
ESC

Reply 6 of 6, by noshutdown

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

to my understanding "map" is not the ideal command to play a demo, as it treats the demo file as a map and thus may cause issues, thats what different from "demomap".