VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Elurindel

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Has anybody ever found a ROM or any other way to play the extended missions pack of Star Crusader, called "The Mystery of Grimnada" or "The Grimnada Mystery"? I've done a google search for this and it's depressing how little it turns up. Just enough to suspect it's out there, but not enough to find it in any prevelant numbers.

Reply 1 of 7, by SKARDAVNELNATE

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I was not of aware of that. Looking into it there appear to be 2 sets of bonus missions.

The Grimnada Mystery seems to have been included with the speech pack for the 3.5" version. The CD version has the speech pack but not the added missions.

Then there's a bonus disc where the first half is the same as the Star Crusader demo. Information on this one found here.

Reply 2 of 7, by Elurindel

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I found that site too. It seems odd that the CD version wouldn't contain the expansion when the floppy did. Still, this computer doesn't have a floppy drive, so I'd need a ROM of some sort.

Reply 4 of 7, by JaneOdessa

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi there,

First of all, I'm completely new to this board, so I apologize in advance for the necropost - I know this thread is a few years old, but I have some information on Grimnada. I had the PC/DOS CD-ROM version of Star Crusader around 1995 when it came out... it may have been 1996, but it was one of those years because I didn't have dial-up internet just yet. We searched and searched for that expansion, and finally I called the company that made the game. They said that they were familiar with what I was talking about, but that they had decided not to produce the expansion pack because there hadn't been enough interest in it to make it financially feasible. I remember it was some guy I talked to who was pretty amicable, but I was depressed because no expansion. 😒 Still, SC was/is still a great game. Way ahead of its time if you ask me.

Reply 5 of 7, by Procyon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
JaneOdessa wrote:

Hi there,

First of all, I'm completely new to this board, so I apologize in advance for the necropost - I know this thread is a few years old, but I have some information on Grimnada. I had the PC/DOS CD-ROM version of Star Crusader around 1995 when it came out... it may have been 1996, but it was one of those years because I didn't have dial-up internet just yet. We searched and searched for that expansion, and finally I called the company that made the game. They said that they were familiar with what I was talking about, but that they had decided not to produce the expansion pack because there hadn't been enough interest in it to make it financially feasible. I remember it was some guy I talked to who was pretty amicable, but I was depressed because no expansion. 😒 Still, SC was/is still a great game. Way ahead of its time if you ask me.

Interesting, thanks for the information.
I also have that game and I was always wondering if there was a complete version out there, so now I can stop looking. 😀

Reply 6 of 7, by KT7AGuy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I just saw a jewel-case copy of this at Goodwill for $1.99 last week. I remembered seeing this game at the 'puter stores back in the mid-90s, but I never I got to play it. Maybe I'll go back and get it now, based on the positive comments here.

Reply 7 of 7, by JaneOdessa

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Im posting this here because I haven't participated enough in discussions to answer a dm I've been getting. So I hope the guy sees this.

Starlord, I'm afraid the only contact I had was over the phone in the mid 90s with somebody at the company, whose phone number I got out of the back of the game manual. He was the one who told me Grimnada wasn't being made. I don't know who it was, or if anyone still has the level editors. Sorry I wasn't more help, but where you've PMed me twice now and neither time given me any alternate way to reach you, I figured this way about the only way.

Sorry for the necropost.