Common searches

dumpster

Topic actions

First post, by ncmark

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I think I am going to have waste management drop a dumpster outside my house....I got about 6-7 computers and 1 whole bookcase of books to dispose of 😜 😜 😜 😜

Reply 2 of 12, by Stull

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Nope, several of us have done this. And I bet in a few years you'll regret junking it all! 😁

If you're located anywhere near a recycling center, you should probably dispose of those items responsibly..

Reply 3 of 12, by MaxWar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Years ago i brought a 386 to the recycling center because i had too much junk and sort of needed more room. Now i regret it.

FM sound card comparison on a Grand Scale!!
The Grand OPL3 Comparison Run.

Reply 4 of 12, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I recently took a Pentium 2 to the recycling center and now I regret it! It's impossible to know what you're going to start valuing next with this crazy hobby. From now on I'll only toss it if I have one already.

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 5 of 12, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I tossed all my older 386/486 boards (not the ones with ZIF socket), including a 386/486 combo-board. Now I regret it...a bit

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 6 of 12, by nforce4max

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I suggest that you either hang onto your horde of treasures or start looking into donating to someone who is likely to appreciate what you would like to part with. So I suggest that you post on craigslist or any such site for your community that you want to give away some things or put out a sign. People will more than likely turn up that are at least interested. If you are in Texas then I am interested 🤣.

On a far away planet reading your posts in the year 10,191.

Reply 7 of 12, by ncmark

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I was joking when I wrote this originally, but I sometimes think I SHOULD junk it all. Windows 98 is rapidly approaching the usefullness of DOS - good for playing certain games only. It's barely adequate for getting on the internet now, and cannot access external drives.........

Reply 8 of 12, by Keatah

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I've decided to hang on to my 486DX2-50 for now. But I have a Micronics C200 mobo, a 440LX intel mobo, a Pentium II 266 processor, and perhaps a P3 350. Maybe another speed variant. Some pentium pro 200's, a Venus vs440 mobo, and an Amd K6-II chip and Pentium-M 2.1 I'm gathering for the scrap heap. This stuff is just all over the place I don't know what else to do with it. I'm tired of trying to give it away. Its going out! out ouT oUT OUT!

Reply 9 of 12, by MaxWar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Keatah wrote:

I've decided to hang on to my 486DX2-50 for now. But I have a Micronics C200 mobo, a 440LX intel mobo, a Pentium II 266 processor, and perhaps a P3 350. Maybe another speed variant. Some pentium pro 200's, a Venus vs440 mobo, and an Amd K6-II chip and Pentium-M 2.1 I'm gathering for the scrap heap. This stuff is just all over the place I don't know what else to do with it. I'm tired of trying to give it away. Its going out! out ouT oUT OUT!

If it still works and i dont want it, i try to sell it on ebay 🤣.

Reply 10 of 12, by ncmark

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I snagged t a bunch of old books at school when one of the computer science professors retired. Now I am trying to figure out which ones I really want to keep. When you open up a book and it's talking about programming an EGA card............FLUSH (or perhaps I should say DUMPSTER)

Reply 12 of 12, by MaxWar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
ncmark wrote:

I snagged t a bunch of old books at school when one of the computer science professors retired. Now I am trying to figure out which ones I really want to keep. When you open up a book and it's talking about programming an EGA card............FLUSH (or perhaps I should say DUMPSTER)

I sold a book about the S-100 bus for 20$ on ebay.