VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by christo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Those people, who liked Brood War campaign are maybe interested in this really obscure expansion set. It has a difficult campaign, about 10 levels per race, 3 new units, new heroes, and some abandoned buildings from StarCraft beta.

HunCraft_terran_phantom_StarCraft.jpg
HunCraft_terran_technical_center_StarCraft.jpg

The reason why it hasnt became popular, that is in Hungarian and almost never advertised.
But a walktrough started with English commentary here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaBx6NrNuNs

I recommend this stuff only for those people, who liked unofficial campaigns. For example Insurrection or Retribution.

Reply 5 of 7, by telanus

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:

Dumb question, but does this add anything for multiplayer?

From the website:

HunCraft Genocide is the most detailed unofficial expansion pack for StarCraft: Brood War. It has 3 new units, new heroes and special buildings in the campaign, 3 new campaign episodes (26 missions and a hidden mission), more than 40 new multiplayer maps and some small changes.

Reply 7 of 7, by christo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Unfortunately no. Only an English walktrough on SuperYashok yutub channel.

This was made in 2001. And it has a long story. There was an English version planned, but never released, because their contacts were irresponsible in the Hungarian version too, and when that was released, they decided to cancel the English version.
There were many requests for translations, because it was advertised by campaigncreations for a while, which is quite popular site for sc1 fans.

That's why I made the moddb page and the English text walktrough (with noob English 😀, and I asked Yashock to make the walktrough. Okay, this is just an unofficial, fan-made expansion set, even not in English, but this is the biggest unofficial mod for Brood War. It deserves an English walktrough.

English text and sounds? Developers will allow it, but need some crew 😀