VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by christo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Dont know how many of you know about this version of the first c&c. It has some sort of 3d sgi graphics and it has some differences (some new maps, some nerfed or modified old maps).

Just uploaded a walktrough about it.
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL984D16A8D8043821

I used project64 which includes an nrage mouse controller. I suggest you to set the mouse speed to the slowest in the game, and set faster in windows.

I only dont know one thing. Why it has some graphic issues? The first time I tried, there was everything right, I havent changed anything but the graphic error just appeared. You can see in my videos. Not a big deal, but a little bit annoying.

Reply 1 of 6, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Why are you posting about an N64 game in a Windows forum?

christo wrote:

I only dont know one thing. Why it has some graphic issues?

Because N64 emulation isn't perfect. There might be a better video plugin for your emulator out there somewhere. Why not ask in a Nintendo 64 emulation forum?

Reply 3 of 6, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Not to mention that the Windows forum is for getting old Windows programs to work...

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 5 of 6, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I own the cart. It's definitely a cool 3D rework of the original game. Even the tracker versions of the classic music are nice. It has a 640x480 mode so it's also crispy clean for a N64 game, although this does slow it down a bit.

PC gamers might appreciate it if they knew Looking Glass developed the game.

N64 emulation is not very refined even today though and most games have problems. It's why I still own this console.

Reply 6 of 6, by F2bnp

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

There was also Starcraft 64 on the N64 and Warcraft II Saga for the PS1 and Saturn. Who the hell played those!? 😜
N64 emulation isn't 100% perfect but it's doing pretty good, especially compared to some other efforts (Atari Jaguar, yikes!). I really can't stand the video signal of the N64 or SNES. I had them hooked up to a Commodore 1084 which made my MegaDrive and Dreamcast shine, but Nintendo's consoles looked atrocious 🙁