First post, by luckybob

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/09/03/black- … ches-this-month

This animated .gif illustrates how I reacted:
1323832377812.gif

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Reply 1 of 5, by F2bnp

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I've been meaning to replay the first Half-Life, this is awesome news. Too bad it won't be a full release. The game will be playable all the way to Lambda Core, so no Xen. Not too much of a loss though, I thought the game got quite tiring around that point!

Reply 2 of 5, by luckybob

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The game kinda got weird with zen. It was like, someone introduced a bong during that stage of development. 😜

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Reply 3 of 5, by SKARDAVNELNATE

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

That's disappointing about Hell freezing over since it means the heat death of the universe will accelerate. Though it's good that we have scientific proof it exists and can measure it for stronger arguments in philosophical debates.

Hopefully world peace will allow for redirected spending and offset the new influx of unemployment enough for the economy to recover. However I doubt it will last.

A Half-Life remake doesn't seem that significant. It looks pretty but I don't see any benefits over my non-steam platinum collection.

Reply 4 of 5, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
SKARDAVNELNATE wrote:

A Half-Life remake doesn't seem that significant. It looks pretty but I don't see any benefits over my non-steam platinum collection.

They have done alot more than just the graphics;

When it comes to systems, levels, and weapons, we’ve touched everything, because we made it all from scratch. We tried to keep what we felt was evocative of the original Half-life, but when recreating these things we have inherently re-designed them. The combat, the puzzles, the mechanics and pacing of every level have been re-designed. The weapon strengths, animations, balance aspects – all re-designed. The systems, aside from being completely coded from scratch, have all been re-designed to some degree. There is nothing we haven’t touched, honestly.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/05/10/wh … ource-part-two/

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 5 of 5, by MusicallyInspired

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Xen is heavily enhanced and extended and according to the devs is "a full game in its own right". I'm excited for Xen. I'm also glad they're waiting to release it, though.

Yamaha FB-01/IMFC SCI tools thread
My Github
Roland SC-55 Music Packs - Duke Nukem 3D, Doom, and more.