Common searches

Tardis knitting job!

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 24, by snorg

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Was McGann the Doctor after Sylvester McCoy but before the revived 2005 series with Chris Eccleston?
The same one that was in the ill-fated made for US TV movie that (I think) was released by Fox? I agree with you about Agyeman but McGann didn't leave much of an impression on me.

Maybe I have been spoiled by the new series, but I tried to watch one of the older episodes recently and fell asleep.

Reply 21 of 24, by RacoonRider

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
snorg wrote:

Maybe I have been spoiled by the new series, but I tried to watch one of the older episodes recently and fell asleep.

+1 😁

snorg wrote:

Was McGann the Doctor after Sylvester McCoy but before the revived 2005 series with Chris Eccleston?

Exactly. He had an aristocratic face 😀 And I can't say why exactly, but I enjoyed him a lot.

Reply 22 of 24, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Jarvik7 wrote:
Me and my girlfriend watch Dr. Who almost every night lately. […]
Show full quote

Me and my girlfriend watch Dr. Who almost every night lately.

Though we're on Season 6 now and Japanese Hulu doesn't have anything newer (or any of the inter-season etc. specials) 🙁

Watching how dry episode 1 of the original Dr. Who series is, I have trouble believing it was ever a kids' show.
Also, some random 70s episode I saw on Youtube that seemed to just be 36 hours of cricket...

Wait, which season 6 are you on? The season 6 from the original run or the sixth season after the return? Doctor Who is actually in it's 33rd season if you add them all up going back to 1962 and leaving out the years when it was off the air.

Reply 23 of 24, by Jarvik7

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I suppose I should have said series 6, according to wikipedia, meaning the new Dr. Who.

It's irritating that Hulu.jp is missing all specials & spinoff series.

<edit>
Actually, it looks like it's just missing the episodes between series 4 and 5 (and minor specials), meaning I have no idea why doctor 10 died.
<no spoilers>